Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

(Getting Ready/ Bride to Be/ Rude Company/ Stealing the Bride)

"Jesus, James. Don't you know how to tie a tie?" Rin snapped, pulling the tie tighter around my neck.

"No, sorry." I gagged. "How do you know how to tie one anyway?"

"I take them off guys all the time," She loosened it a bit, placing her hands on my chest. "It's reverse engineering." She patted my shoulder, letting me finish getting ready. I walked over to the mirror, coming my hair, slightly admiring my appearance. Rin laughed, standing beside me to mess with her own hair. She wore it up in a long ponytail, with a dark pink strapless dress. She wasn't wearing any make up, it was unnecessary. She had a lovely face without it.

It wasn't as lovely as Cecilia's.

I hadn't spoken to her since I found her and Neil. I hadn't talked to him either, I was still so angry, more at him than her. It was obvious that they were still unaware that I knew, because Cecilia kept asking me why I did what I did, but I stayed silent until she left. I hadn't even seen Neil since I broke his nose. He had avoided me, and I was okay with that. I didn't want to see him either.

My anger had died down, with the help of Katherine. She was my closest friend for the past month, and I was grateful for her. We were getting ready for the Courtesan wedding, and I was a mess when it came to dressing formal, and it was especially hard dressing as a Groomsman for a guy I barely knew. Luckily, Rin had hired Louis multiple times, and knew him almost as well as Leah did. They were friends.

Rin drove us to the Venue, a large mansion that was used just for Weddings and rich people parties. There was about 40 cars parked in the colossal driveway, and Rin pushed her way between two very expensive ones as a practicall joke. Seeing all the cars made me realize I'd have to find a way to get home, considering Rin was going to take home a wedding guest.

"Hey, Rin," I whispered, trailing right behind her as we entered the building. "Do we know anyone here besides Leah or Cecilia or them?"

"Why?" She handed our invitations to the bouncer.

"Because... well, you have a tendency to take home guys at parties." I said, trying not to offend her. She laughed.

"Good point, I'll keep my eye out for someone we know. And for someone for me." She winked, locking arms with me as she guided me to the celebration room. She took a seat near the front, on Louis's side, and I went searching for the Groom. Instead of finding him, I was pulled away by a familiar, cold hand. As soon as I could see who was pulling me by the hand, I inhaled, still frustrated.

"What do you want, Cecilia?" I snapped, forcing her to let go.

"Look," she furrowed her brows. "Whatever you're acting like such an asshole about needs to be put to the side for now. I need your help getting Leah ready."

"Isn't that a chick's job? What about Connor, her sister?"

"Connor isn't fully functional," she sighed. "She doesn't take orders well, and she's extremely frustrating."

"Well, get Rin to do it." I growled. "Or that asshole Neil."

"What?" she began, but shook her head, trying to focus on the wedding details. "Nevermind, you know Neil can't do it. He's too much of a pervert."

"You got that right." I scoffed. She rolled her eyes, frustrated. She grabbed my hand again and pulled me up the stairs. She looked perfect, as usual, in a new yellow dress that went right above her knee with very short sleeves. She grew her hair out, it was below her shoulders. I tried not to think about her looks, because it made me want to forgive her. She pulled me into a room far away from people. I heard Louis's voice on the other end of the hallway, talking to someone with an Irish accent.