Chapter 8 II: Kaput

•Yashiro Isana, the 1st King, the Silver King•

After the Green and Grey King left, I don't know what to think of anymore. They had taken the slate and I'm getting worried now.

The Slates will be liberated and the hope of humanity will turn to shambles. The other kings, Anna and Reisi had already left to the well-being of their clan.

Kuroh and Neko was still accompanying me in the Chamber of Slate with the twins who were still on the floor.

Eon hasn't woken up at all after the fight but she's still alive. Ion was cradling her in his arms, her head against his chests and her legs sitting on Ion who has crossed-legged himself on the floor.

"Ion," I said as I walk closer to where they were.

"Don't come any closer," Ion sneered, he swung his katana towards my direction and it was inches away from my neck, the purple aura glowed threateningly.

He hasn't move one bit from Eon's face and he could already sense me. Kuroh held the hilt of his sword and was ready to attack while Neko was in shock. I held my hand up to show it was alright.

I could understand why he did that. After all, my sister died and I resorted to the powers of the Slate.

"Ion, we need to bring Eon to a safer place so she could heal," I reasoned, still standing from where I was before, not moving for Ion's sake.

The aura around his katana died down and was left with the chains surrounding his hand. Ion stand up, carrying Eon, her head tucked into his neck with her legs around Ion's waist.

"I will bring her," Ion replied with a monotone voice.

I watch as the twins walked out and disappeared out of sight. The echoing of Ion's shoes could not be heard anymore is when I realize I was holding my breath from just now.

"Hey, Shiro, what're we going to do now?" Neko said from beside me.

"I'm not sure myself,"

•x•

•Seri Awashima, SCEPTER 4's lieutenant•

Everything is in ruins now. Fushimi has now left us after he got a fight against the captain.

I would have thought that he would be at HOMRA but I called Izumo and he said he wasn't there. I'm worried about him. Does he even have a place to stay? Where could he have gone to?

I must admit, we really do need Fushimi's help around here. We relied on his skills a lot and now that the captain have said something to upset and have made him quit. I don't know what to do.

The captain himself is lost. I had asked him of what of his orders were next but he gave it to the Silver King to decide.

He has got to be out of his mind if we're relying on another clan to help us. The plan to keep the Slate from being taken has failed and now we're all waiting for the Green King to make his move.

Judging by the way the Grey King was determined to help the Green King, there's no hope for us to bring back the Slates and will it into control.

The Purple King is strong in my opinion and have great teamwork but I guess they have a weakness too, like everyone does. Those chains that connect them together, is what made Ion real. If, I'm not mistaken.

But how did the Grey King know of information like this when we ourselves couldn't see it all. What would have happen if the chains were to be broken. Would it heal? Will Ion cease to exist?

Information like this must have been known by the Gold King himself as he was Eon's guardian.

What I wonder now is, are we going to be okay after what has happened? If so, what could we do.

•x•

•Saruhiko Fushimi, SCEPTER 4's number 3•

"You're used to being a traitor anyway,"

It rang in my head like a voice recorder that keeps on repeating. Those were Captain's few words for me and I must admit that it kinda hurts. Though it is nothing to me. After giving up just because an old man showed up and beat his ass doesn't mean you have to quit. His acts are quite amusing.

I would have thought that I would be following a King who is strong enough to beat anyone and would fight back even if he lost. I guess I had misjudged him but I shouldn't assume much.

Misaki had already abandoned me. I am now branded as a traitor by my own King, no, former King. My world has been shattered ever since HOMRA had taken Misaki's attention from me and now, I'm without nobody. Although I'm the one who accepted myself to become this. Would I go insane and lose my sanity now?

I have been viewed as a psychopath before. My father even hated me and named me a 'monkey'. Oh, how I want to watch my enemies to be crush by my hands and burn the whole world down.

Is this the kismet of a traitor?

"Fine," I said while walking along the empty park, my one hand in the pockets of my jeans while the other holding my PDA. "then I'll become a traitor."

I have resorted myself to this because they've made me. The PDA screen lights up to reveal a green logo with the six letter words that everyone knows...

...JUNGLE.