Chapter 7: Kickdown

•Oreki Mikiko, CARNIVAL's leading clansman•

It was night time. The club was alive with strains that came from all corners of the city to kick back and relax.

Aon had told me to hold down the fort for him as he would be at the Mihashira tower with Yui Hitami, our third for the fight.

The others were helping me serve the customers and entertain them by singing on stage. Even with all of this energy around me. I didn't feel like having fun.

I don't know what's with me today as I don't usually act like this. I feel that something bad is going to happen and the twins are going to be in danger.

I walked over towards one of the windows on the 7th floor as I could watched the Mihashira tower from a distance.

On top of the tower, you could see now, five Swords of Damocles, the symbol of a King's power. I could just see the twin's sword from a distance and it is as beautiful as ever from the first I set my eyes on it.

The battle has started.

•x•

•Jason Domyoji, CARNIVAL's leading clansman•

I was in my room on the top floors overlooking the city. I couldn't go downstairs since the nightclub is going on and I was too young. I don't mind it at all. I'm not actually one for the crowds.

The Mihashira tower could be seen from here and sometimes a flash of green and red could be seen. The Swords of Damocles above the buildings were glowing brightly.

Eon and Ion's sword was so beautiful that I couldn't help myself and take out my notebook to draw it. I wonder if they're okay. I hope they don't get hurt.

Aon and Yui were the only ones who accompanied them to the tower. I must admit I'm disappointed. I was hoping to get some action but if my big brother was there, I don't think I want to go.

Andy Domyoji. One of the Blue Clansmen and also my brother. I know for a fact that he had been in SCEPTER 4. He was scared of me. that's why he joined them. I was a strain so I ran away out of fear that they would bring me to the facility until Aon took me in.

I'm glad that I ran away but I still care for my brother. If his there, I hope that he would be alright. The J-ranks are an elite group that could take on a number of people.

I don't get why we couldn't come but I guess orders are orders. Besides...

...I'm not the King.

•x•

•Shizuka Hiragi, CARNIVAL's leading clansman•

I'm leaning on a pillar at the 5th floor, looking down on the strains dancing to the beat of the music.

My hand waving in mid air as I controlled the illusions of fairy lights floating around the dance floor. Aon found a way for me to use my powers at his nightclub and I admit it was pretty cool.

I'm an illusionist and I can create strong illusion that cannot be broken only for a short period of time. I guess that's one incomplete part of my powers.

I walked over to the window that showed a magnificent view of the city. A battle is going on at the Mihashira Tower as you can see the flash of lights coming from it.

It was quite true what Hikaru said. I don't really want my King to be involve in any of this. We finally have our King back to protect us from the other clans. We use to be the strongest clan after the Timeless Palace. We can't fall again.

I'm worried that they would be taken advantage of and be used of their powers. Anna, the Red King, has no use for the Green King for she doesn't have the same ideals as him. The Green King was the one who convinced and manipulated the Colorless King to kill their beloved third and i bet that she would want revenge.

The Green King would have a better chance on having our King as an ally but the Silver King, Shiro had them warned about him.

The only way for them to even consider to team up with the Green King is if they had something better to offer or they are pushed into a corner and have no choice to follow.

I shook my head. Am I really considering this?

The thought of having my King under the control of the Green King scares me a little but it would be better than being close to the Blues.

I sighed and looked at the tower again. The five swords–silver, red, blue, green and purple, were floating in the sky. It looks so beautiful from here. I can't believe that no one has notice it yet.

That is the least of my problems right now and the last thing that came into my mind before walking away to somewhere else was for them to be safe.

•x•

•Hikaru Furoji, CARNIVAL's leading clansman•

I'm not to fond of what is going on in the tower. I kept seeing flashes of Red and Green but no Purple. Now and then, I could also see Blue flashing at the top floor.

I sat down on the floor still watching the tower from a distance and waited for any signs of the twins attacking. Their sword was active on the top the tower.

The Green King must have manage to get past all of the others and is fighting the Blue King now. A flash of silver was also seen before it was gone again.

I wasn't kidding when I said wether if our King should choose the Green King. We'll have a bigger advantage and our King will be safe along with the clan.

We're already hopeless the moment we're born because everyone is scared of us or either branded us abnormal and want to do experiments on us.

I sighed in defeat.

It would be better if our King didn't fight at all but I know they're more than capable. The Green Aura died down somehow and its sword disappeared but it was soon replaced by another force that we didn't take into account before.

A sword with a Grey Aura.

I relaxed a bit when I didn't see any sign of their aura but I guess I spoke to soon. The flashing blue aura was soon replaced by a purple aura after the blue had a few hits by the grey.

I really had hoped they didn't fight. With an appearance of a new King, I don't know what to think of anymore. They were still battling it out but our King's sword died out as soon as it started.

Something's wrong.