6 Utter Confusion

* UNEDITED

What kind of trouble did I get myself into now?

"Young lady, you do know that what you just did was rude, barging into my grandson's office like that." The old man firmly said with a thick Japanese accent.

If there are two things that I desperately need right now, it would have to be a teleportation device and a time machine. Why are these not invented yet?!

"I apologize, sir. You see..."

"Wait a minute, young lady. You look somewhat familiar. I think I've seen your face somewhere before..."

I watched the old man think hard for a few seconds before my eyes wandered off to Alejandro whose smirk was permanently set on his lips, amusement evident on his face.

"Are you Jonathan Maximillian's granddaughter?" he finally asked and I could only nod, surprise was both evident on mine and Alejandro's face.

I don't know if it was a good idea that he recognized me. It's already clear that he knows my grandfather and that he can easily tell him what happened today.

More trouble for me then...

"Ah, I finally meet Jonathan's granddaughter! He told me a lot of stories about you. My name is Kazuhiko Maeda. Nice to meet you, Ms. Maximillian. Although I would have preferred a different situation." He said and reached out his right hand and I shook it with uncertainty.

I just embarrassed myself in front of Alejandro's grandfather.

Me and my oh, so famous temper.

"Please call me Ava, Mr. Maeda." I said with a bit of hesitation.

"I am sorry I wasn't able to attend your party. Your grandfather invited me but I had an emergency to take care of that day. That's why I sent Alejandro instead."

I didn't even know he was invited! I should have checked the guest list. Even just a peek.

Right now, I don't think that he's about to 'scold' me for making a rude entrance like that. But then again, he can just easily tell my grandfather. As much as I hate to admit it, if he does tell on me, it's my entire fault. No one else to blame here but me.

"Alejandro!" Mr. Maeda's voice boomed inside the office. "Won't you even invite your guest to sit down?"

"Guest? I wasn't expecting her."

Alejandro sounded like a whiny kid.

We were both startled when Mr. Maeda stomped his cane on the marbled floor and uttered something in Japanese.

"Oh, okay...now you go talking in Nihonggo, great...Natalia, please have a seat. Would you like something to drink?"

I ignored Alejandro as I realized he didn't understand Nihonggo. His grandfather just called him an idiot and he doesn't have a clue. And yes, I can understand a little Nihonggo.

Yeah, we can agree on that one. Alejandro is an idiot.

"Ava, please have a seat." This time, it was Mr. Maeda who asked me to sit down.

"Thank you, sir...but you see, I needed to return these items to your grandson and to take back what he took from me."

"What did he take from you?"

I glanced at Alejandro and he gave me a challenging look, daring me to go on and tell on him.

Challenge accepted.