12 Sure as Hell

*UNEDITED

My mouth dropped open as my eyes went back and forth to Alejandro and Nina, who seemed to be satisfied seeing me in shock like this.

"I'll...uh...I'll come back later...sorry."

I turned around hastily but Nina spoke.

"Ms. Maximillian, so it's true then. You really do work here as a 'waitress'."

I looked back and saw Nina approach me, her heels making those annoying clicking sounds on the floor.

"Yes, I work here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll-"

"I'm not done talking yet, Ava. Can I call you that? Or would you prefer Natalia instead?"

Nina shot Alejandro a look of daggers when she mentioned Natalia.

Alejandro remained seated on his chair, looking at a spot on the wall, his jaw line tight. He was obviously fuming.

I'm not really sure if he was like that because I disturbed them or because...yeah, can't think of any other reason why.

"No, I think you should continue what you two were doing."

"Hold on. I believe you wanted to say something to Alejandro, what is it?"

"It's nothing important."

"Is that true?" she didn't sound convinced.

"Leave her alone, Nina." Alejandro finally stood up and faced Nina. Actually, he didn't need to speak, he looked threatening enough already. "Natalia, please close the door when you leave."

His first words - sentence to me and he asks me to leave. This is much better anyway. I'll go for the lesser evil. I can't stand Nina's presence! Seeing Nina was the last thing on my mind, I don't want to see her and it's the same for her. I silently wished it was legal to hit her on the face and shave her blond hair.

Alejandro barely glanced at me but I did see him glaring at Nina. But then, she was glaring at me too. I don't think this is the end of my encounter with the famous Nina Wilson.

I headed outside and closed the door but made no effort to close it gently. The hell I care with what they would think of me. I'm so close to detonating and Nina just made everything worse.

__________________________________________________

"Ava, Nina Wilson is requesting for you."

"What?!" I wanted to scream out the 'F' word or even better, pour a hot bowl of soup over Nina's perfectly curled blond hair...but that's only going to make the situation worse and it won't do me any good.

I have no idea why she had to stay and dine at the restaurant. Most probably to get more attention from Alejandro.

I peeked out of the kitchen as David gestured towards the direction where Nina was seated.

"Why you, Ava?" David asked. Like most of the men I know, he has a crush on Nina - the ultimate fantasy of all the men in this side of the planet.

I cringed inwardly.

"You are so welcome to trade places with me, David. In fact, anyone is welcome to trade places with me."

"But she specifically asked for you and she wants you right there, now."

I gave out a long sigh and headed towards the overly insecure, diner from hell.

Nina was scanning the menu when I approached her. Does Alejandro even know she's still here? He stayed in his office and delegated the task of expediting to a senior line chef. Maybe he'll be joining her later.