11 Like the Plague

*UNEDITED

Struggling was futile. The more I try to push Alejandro away, the tighter he held me close to him. Then complete shock took over. My whole body froze as Alejandro's lips hungrily searched mine without restraint, without control.

All my senses were on full blast - I think I just heard my heart rapidly beating like it would be the last time it would do that. I can feel Alejandro's stubble on my lips, I can smell his faint perfume, I can feel the warmth of his body.

I was slowly, gradually getting intoxicated to the new sensations he made me feel. I should be struggling, pushing him away because this is all wrong. But I wasn't even doing anything. In fact, I wanted more...

This is crazy. Insane. Stupid. Foolish. Absurd.

Crazy because this is happening. Insane that I'm letting all this happen. Stupid because I wanted more. Foolish because I'm about to do something I know isn't right. Absurd because this can only happen in another world.

Teenagers make reckless decisions, right?

I might have to kill myself later but...what the hell...

I kissed Alejandro back.

My hands had a life of their own as it combed Alejandro's thick, wavy, hair.

"Ava! Ava!"

I snapped out of my craziness as I heard Olivia screaming on the other end of the line. I didn't know when it happened but I dropped my cellphone and somehow, it switched to speaker mode.

Alejandro and I were both breathless, gasping for air when we stopped, gazing at each other, not knowing what to do or say next as we stood there, our bodies still pressed close together.

Alejandro gently released me, his right hand lingered on mine as if begging me not to go.

My whole body trembled that I had to struggle and keep my balance as I felt my heart still wildly racing inside me.

"I'll...I'll call you back, Olivia..." my voice trembled too, as I spoke. I was still experiencing the aftermath of that kiss.

I looked back at Alejandro who was closely observing me.

"Natalia...I..." he spoke but found it hard to say the words - whatever it is that he wanted to say.

I looked up at him, anxiously waiting for what he was about to say, but instead, he raked his hand through his hair and shook his head. He gazed at me for the last time before his expression suddenly became unreadable, like he put on a mask; and just like that, he turned on his heels and went out of my suite.

So that's it?

Just like the jerk he was, Alejandro left just like that without saying a word.

When I said I might have to kill myself later, I might just do it now. What was I thinking?! What in the world got into me and I kissed him back?!

My hand touched my lips - I could still feel it throbbing from his kiss. My heart is still pounding and I don't think it has any intention of slowing down any time soon.

So he just left like that...is it because I kissed him back? Did he regret what he did?

I was startled with my own cellphone ringing as I was too absorbed in my own thoughts. It was Olivia.

She probably heard everything and there is a pretty high chance she knew what Alejandro and I did.

But I don't have the energy for an interrogation right now.