8 Not Just A Woman

*UNEDITED

Grounded for all eternity.

Dead to the world.

I will grow old and sad and lonely and alone.

Those were just some of the things that ran through my head because dad was actually capable of doing that.

He studied me as he eyed the magazine as well.

"Sit down, Ava." He silently ordered.

Should I just tell him now? Even if I tell him the truth I'd still get punished. Maybe he won't ground me for eternity, so...go for the lesser evil then? Alejandro will definitely get more than a kick from me when I survive this. I should have called him before I went in here, but then again, Dad doesn't have much patience when he's about to go on full sermon mode.

"Dad..."

I began, but he raised his left hand and stopped me from talking.

"It's not what you think it is..." I continued as dad's eyes remained on me.

"Then what is it, Ava?" he sternly said.

"It's not a date. It never was..."

"It says differently on the photos, Ava. See, this is exactly the reason why I never liked the idea of you going out without bodyguards. You are careless."

I bit my lip and looked down on the floor.

Oh, here we go.

I might as well shut up and let dad do all the talking first, besides, if I say something now, I might never get out of here anymore.

"What do you have to say for yourself now, young lady? I know we already told you that you're allowed on dates but to be caught by the paparazzi again? Do you still remember how much trouble we went through the last time with the paps?"

I remember. Who can forget about that? The first one was with a classmate of mine who asked me out on a date without asking for permission from dad or my brothers. Although I went through all the trouble of wearing a wig, a cap and super big sunglasses, the paps were able to recognize me and you know where the photos ended up, right? The guy never showed his face again to me or in school after dad and Liam talked to him. It's like he disappeared in the face of the earth. And a few months after that incident I was the paps' subject again when I made headlines after I kicked down a guy out cold in front of our hotel, when he tried to hurt his girlfriend.

Dad wanted me locked inside the house 24/7.

I looked up at him - no, it was more like I stared at him. A picture is worth a thousand words. Anyone who saw those photos will certainly have the first impression that I was really on a date.

"What do you want me to do, dad? Take bodyguards with me every time I go out?" I'm about to make a plea for my life. "It wasn't a date, dad. You have got to believe me."

Dad let out a long, frustrated sigh and sat back on his chair.

"I believe you, Ava." He said, sounding defeated.

"You do?" I am so glad I don't have to defend myself anymore.

"You do know I can easily have people build a tower so I can just lock you up in there."

"This is not a fairy tale, I'm a real person. You can't do that...you won't do that, right?" I had to make sure.

"I can, but I won't."