10 All I Need

*UNEDITED

Alejandro stood there, in the act of pressing the doorbell and I opened the door at the same time. Really? What were the chances of that happening?

But the more important question is, what is he doing here? Only one thing came to mind. Liam invited him.

We stood there, motionless; a thousand things ran through my head when I remembered Jun's threat.

"Ava, what's the ma-"

Jun didn't get to finish his sentence as soon as he saw Alejandro, whose eyes narrowed for the second time today. And now it's the three of us standing by the doorway, Jun and Alejandro glaring at each other.

"Alejandro! Glad you made it!" Liam called out as he approached us and immediately sensed the tension between Jun and Alejandro. He looked at me and I sighed out in frustration.

Fortunately, Alejandro decided to break away from the staring contest and spoke to Liam.

"A little late, I hope the game's not over yet." He replied in a casual tone.

"It's the last quarter, you can still watch if you would come in and not just stand there." Liam said and gave me a quick, assuring glance. 'I'll take care of this', was what he meant by that.

Jun and I watched Liam and Alejandro head towards the living room. He introduced Alejandro to everyone and got different reactions, mostly shock and disbelief from meeting another multi billionaire.

"Just don't mind him, Jun." I said when he began to walk back to his seat.

"I'll try..."

I'm sure Jun won't do anything stupid, he won't be a rude guest and start a fight with Alejandro in my brother's place. But still, Alejandro can provoke him. Maybe I should just stay until the game is over and one of them leaves.

These two should always be apart – like, say, five miles?

As soon as Jun took a seat, I headed towards the kitchen and asked if everyone wanted a refill of their fruit spritzers. Almost everyone stood up to have their glasses refilled, except for Alejandro, who stood last as I got a newly chilled glass and filled it for him.

"Thank you." He said and immediately took a sip. I did not reply and replaced the pitcher back in the fridge. "This is good, did you make this?"

"Yes." I looked past him and saw Jun looking at our direction. "I thought you wanted to watch the game, you should head back there."

"It won't make a difference if I watch or not. Besides, I wanted to talk to you."

My brows furrowed.

"Talk to me about what?"

Before he could give a reply, his cellphone rang and he had to take the call outside the terrace because the guys were yelling every time someone shoots a basket.

I looked at Alejandro for as long as I can, even if it's just his back I'm looking at. He almost kissed me before, but then insulted me after Tia Luisa caught us in the act. Then he threatened Brad because he harassed me. And he's a total jerk when it comes to Jun.

Sometimes I think he has a split personality. I just don't know what to think of him anymore.

"Ava?"

I was surprised when Jun blocked my line of vision.

Did he notice I was looking at Alejandro?