Chapter 37

NICOLE'S POV

A couple of weeks passed by, and I was getting to know Liam. We texted each other a lot and he seemed like a nice enough guy. We discovered that even though we weren't in the same program we had some of our elective courses together.

I still barely saw Jamie. Not that I cared. Sort of.

I was busy preparing for university. Even though I wasn't going away, I still wanted everything to be perfect. I was going over all my checklists and researching tips on how to succeed... I was a little excited.

NICK'S POV

"She's been talking to some guy from Weston... Liam, I think she said." I was talking on the phone with Jamie.

"Does she like him?" He sounded so deflated, I felt bad for my best friend.

"I think she does Jay," I told him sadly.

I heard him exhale and I felt bad for the guy. I had tried to convince my sister to hear Jamie out, but she didn't want to listen to me.

"Sorry man, I've tried talking to her, it's just, you know how she is, she's stubborn and you really made her mad." I said.

"I know, I know, I blew it." He sounded frustrated, and rightfully so. "Anyways, how's Cass liking BC?"

I smiled at the thought of my girlfriend. "She loves it. She says the campus is beautiful and she can't wait till I can come an visit. I'm going to go and surprise her during reading week, right before my surgery."

"That's great, good for you guys."

My mom walked in and motioned for me to get off the phone.

"Gotta go Jamie, I'll talk to you later." We said our good byes and hung up.

"Hey mom, what's up?" I asked her, as she stepped over the mess on my floor and sat on my unmade bed.

"Well, one, you need to clean this room... and two, your aunt Helena is getting married next week." She informed me.

"Wait, who's aunt Helena? and why are we only finding out a week before?" I asked her.

"I don't know, she's from your father's side of the family." Mom laughed and rolled her eyes. "Tell your sister, ok?"

"Sure thing," I laughed along with her. I followed her out of my room and walked down the hall to my sisters.

"Hey Kiki, we have a wedding to go to next week!" I shouted as I walked in. She was at her desk, probably stressing over school starting.

"What? Since when? Who's getting married?" She looked confused.

"A wedding, since two minutes ago when mom told me, and apparently we have an aunt Helena on Dad's side of the family." I explained.

"Oh. Alright, whatever..." She shook her head smiling. "I need a new dress then."

"Well, then let's go to the mall. I want to buy some new video games and besides, those mall fries have been calling to me since we were there last time." I grinned.

"Ok, sounds good, give me a minute to get ready, and you go tell mom." She said after thinking for a second.

I nodded and walked out of her room. When I got into the hallway I had a great idea. Pulling out my phone, I sent a text.

Meet me at the mall in 20 minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------