Chapter 11

(Back to Nicole's point of view)

The boys left the room and I slowly got up to see myself in the mirror. The first thing I saw was the massive bruises along the side of my face. I lifted my shirt and saw even more along my side. Emma was stronger than I have her credit for. I felt my head and found cuts in the midst of the bruises. There was one gash that was so big it had stitches. I knew she had punched me once, but this was crazy!

"You okay?"

I whirled around to see who was there. It was Jason.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I laughed "just a little bruised ya know?"

"Nicole, are you sure you don't remember what happened?" He looked deep into my eyes. "This couldn't have been an accident."

"I'm sure." I said, although my voice was anything but sure.

"Nicole, there was a note, I didn't tell anyone because I wanted to let you know first."

"What!?" I stared at him as he pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket.

"Read it." he said sadly.

Let this be a warning to anyone who tries to stand up to me. If anyone helps her, you will be next.

-E

I stared in shock. Emma was not only a bully, she was insane.

"Who's E, Nicole?" Jason asked me kindly, but the tone in his voice let me know that I better tell him.

"Who do you think." I answered miserably.

"Emma?" he guessed and I nodded.

"Well we have to tell everyone." He decided.

"NO!" I shouted. "She did this because you guys helped me! If I get more people involved then she'll kill me!" I started to cry.

"Shh, it's okay" Jason wrapped his arms around me. "We can get her locked up. She won't hurt you, we won't let her. I won't let her." I could hear the determination in his voice. He hugged me tighter and I winced from the pain.

"Sorry" he mumbled, and he let go.

We sat in silence until Nicholas, Jamie, Bella, my parents and Dr. Halton came in.

"Kiki!" Isabella screamed and ran to the bed. "Did you sleep well?" She looked at me with wide eyes and I smiled weakly at her.

"Hey boo, yeah I had a good sleep." I looked over at my parents and saw that my mom was crying on my dad's shoulder. They came over to me and my mom hugged me tightly while mumbling into my hair about how much she lived me. My dad did the same, although a little more composed than my mom.

"She's going to be okay." dr Halton walked over with some papers. "I need to ask her a few questions though so could everyone please leave the room?"

They all reluctantly left and Dr Halton turned to face me.

"Do you remember anything Nicole?" He asked me and I nodded.

"I know someone punched me. The rest I was knocked out for." I told him and it was his turn to nod.

"Someone with a sharp ring not only punched you, but kicked you in the stomach and head." He looked sorry for me. "what I, and everyone else would like to know, is who?"

I stayed silent and the doctor sighed.

"We're you in an abusive relationship?" he asked me and I almost laughed.

"I've never even had a boyfriend." I told him.

"So, who did this to you?"

"I-I can't tell you." I didn't want to risk Emma's wrath. "Can I go home now?"

He pressed his lips and left the room after telling me I would be able to go in a few days, after they did more x-rays and yadda yadda yadda....

My family and Jason and Jamie came back into the room and I could see the whispers being shared between the doctor and my parents.

I leaned back and focused my attention on Bella who was telling me all about her new best friend Sarah. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

---------------------------------------

A few weeks passed since my 'incident.' After a lot of fighting between me and my family the question of 'who?' was dropped. I was back at school and I always had Jamie, Jason and Nick by my side. And if they couldn't be there, then they got Pete or someone else on the soccer team to be with me. I saw Emma here and there but she always ran away when she saw the big soccer boys standing next to me.

I was reffing again. I was playing again. Everything was going great. The only problem was that I still had nightmares about Emma and that Jason still pestered me to tell someone.

Now was one of those times. We were sitting in the library and he was helping me with my math for a change. (I had missed so much school, and the boys were helping me catch up...)

"So when are you going to tell someone?" He asked.

"I've told you, everything is ok now, why would I rock the boat?" I argued with him. "Why do you care anyways..."

"Because... Because you don't deserve this!" He almost shouted at me. He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. But you have to get her locked up!"

"I would love to see that, but how?" I closed my eyes.

"All we need is to tell the police. They can look at the tapes and see how Emma was the only one in there with you... They can put two and two together, Nicole, especially if you have me, Nick and Jamie as witnesses for how she treated you. Plus we have the note." he reminded me.

It sounded feasible. Maybe it could be done. I opened my eyes.

"Ok." I said in a small voice and Jamie looked up.

"Ok?" He asked excitedly, and I nodded.

Watch out Emma.