Chapter 8

After sleeping over at Jamie's, and spending Saturday with Isabella at Build-a-bear, I met up with Jason at the library for our first math session. i walked into the building in downtown Westside and immediately spotted him playing on his phone at an empty table. (pic of Jason at side)

"Hey." I spoke up. He looked up and instantly smiled.

"Hi! Are you as excited as I am to be here?" He spoke sarcastically.

"Probably not," I laughed. "Let's get started then, eh?"

I started to open up my notebooks when Jason grabbed them all and started to put them back into my bag.

"Well we're not doing any math here...." He smirked at me and grabbed my hand. Ignoring the nervousness I felt I let him drag me to his car.

"Where are we going to do it then" I asked him.

"It's a surprise"

"Tell me"

"Nope"

"Why"

"Because"

I huffed an annoyed breath and waited as he opened my door for me. I got in the passenger seat as he walked around to sit at the wheel.

We drove for 45 minutes, while listening to cheesy pop songs. I even felt comfortable enough to sing along in front of him. And that's saying a lot since I'm about 100% off key. All the time.

Finally, we arrived. I looked around to find he had driven us to a lake. At the shore was a dock with a table, two chairs and a picnic basket.

"You planned this." I accused him.

"Sort of." He grinned at me. "Your brother knew you were still a bit down about Friday so he actually wanted to take you out somewhere. But, you probably already know him and Jamie got called into work (a/n Jamie and Nicholas both work at The SportChek at the mall) and so neither of them could do it. So.... I told them I would do it since we were meeting up for math anyways."

I nodded, growing increasingly shy because of the situation I was in. I was alone, with a boy I had only met two days ago, in the middle of no where.

We walked down to the dock and we set up our math books. The more we talked and sat together the more I opened up to him.

"You hungry?" He said suddenly. "I just remembered I brought food!"

I laughed "I'm always hungry! Watchya got?"

I peeked into the cooler that he had put on the table and my heart leapt for joy! He had brought all my favourite things to make a monster sandwich.

"You're the best!" I told him. I reached over and gave him a hug. After a second or two I started to pull away.

"Don't stop!" He mumbled into my hair. I laughed and hugged him tighter. We finally separated, due to the hiccups that I suddenly got. These things always happened to me.

"So, why are you so nice to me anyways?" I asked him. "You could've ditched me that first day and sat with Emma..."

He shrugged. "I don't like girls like Emma. They make everyone miserable including themselves. You on the other hand are super nice and you make me laugh" he smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes at him. "So does this mean were friends?" I teased him.

"Sure, why not?" He grinned at me.

And so we spent the rest of our afternoon doing math.

It was weird. I actually had a friend besides Jamie and my brother.

I could get used to this.