Chapter 16

"Girlfriend."

Why did that word send pain shooting through my chest? I looked at the hot blond girl who had perched herself on Jason's lap.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend, Jason." I smiled weakly at him. I should be happy for him. This was probably the girl he liked.

"Um yeah." he stared at Katie like she was an alien.

"We haven't spoken much since he moved to this dump but we've been together for six months." She gave me a smug smile.

"Yeah..." Jason was still speechless.

I got up off of the park bench. "Well, nice meeting you Katie, I'll leave you guys alone to catch up." I smiled sweetly at her even though I wanted nothing more than to shove her off of Jason's lap and into the mud puddle beside him.

"K Bye." she turned her back toward me and wrapped her arms around Jason's neck. "So Jason... no one's at my house right now......"

I left quickly after hearing that, my head spinning like crazy.

But I wasn't jealous.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason's POV (a/n Lol, I said this wouldn't be a multpile pov book... ah well :) )

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend, Jason." Nicole smiled at me.

"um yeah" I managed to get out. Katie and I had broken up, hadn't we? I thought that was what storming out of someone's house after they told you they were moving meant. Sh hadn't tried to conact me in over three months!

"We've been together for over six months." I heard Katie say. What? We went out for a month before I left... was she counting before I asked her out?

"yeah..." I stammered again.

Nicole mumbled something and got up to leave.

"K bye" Katie said rudely to her and turned to me and wrapped her bony hands around me. "So Jason, no one's at my house right now... we could go back there and 'catch up'" She winked at me. I looked around for Nicole only to see that she was quickly walking away.

This was bad. Very, very bad. I turned sharply to Katie.

"What are you doing here? You haven't tried to talk to me since I left. Why did you treat Nicole so rudely?" I asked her harshly. She smirked at me and I pushed her off of my lap. Frowning she answered my questions.

"I just moved here." She said. "My dad got a job at the same place your dad did. I didn't talk to you becuase you weren't worth my time. Now that you're the only hot guy I know in this dump of a town so you're useful again. Think of it as a friends with benefits kind of thing." I could see the evil in her smirk.

"Leave." I told her simply. She smirked again and got off of the bench.

"You'll want me soon enough." and with that she left.

I shuddered after she had left. What had I seen in her? oh right... I was trying to rebound off of the girl Shawn stole from me. Way to go Jason.

What did Nicole think? She must think I was sleeping around with girls like Katie. I groaned and got up off the bench. I took out my phone and dialed Nicole's number. After the third ring she picked up.

"What is it Jason?" She had a cold tone in her voice.

"Come back to the park!" I pleadd with her. "I need to explain!"

Silence.

"Please, Nicole!" I was desperate. "It's not... Katie isn't... just please come back!"