Chapter 2 : It's as obvious as Ron having a thing for Hermione

" I sold my soul to a three-piece
And he told me I was holy" - Halsey

*****

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Roth asked uneasily.

I told Roth everything about the janitor's closet fiasco except the part where I make out with Jamie. Roth hates Jamie and I don't think he would like me sucking faces with the enemy.

When I first told Roth that I slept with Jamie, he was so furious I was afraid he would burst a vein.

I sighed staring at Mr.Huffletim drone on about the parabolic path of projectile motion. He is our Physics teacher. Horn rimmed glasses and military cut, he is the perfect image of a sergeant. He's got a protruding stomach that seems to come out of his old fashioned brown pants.

"Yes, I'm. I'm going to date Jamie. Get in the popular squad and try getting any information on Ryder. His friends might know in what kind of deep shit he was"

Roth tipped his desk near mine "But there's got to be another way?

No there's not.

Brent, Ryder's best friend wouldn't say a word. I have to moniter his every move, learn his schedule and follow him like a shadow. And the only way to that would be including myself in his circle.

"Syd? " Roth whispered eyeing Mr.Huffletim as he passed his row.

"Hmm.."

"Can I tell you something?"

I looked away from the green glass board into his green eyes. Sometimes Roth's eyes baffled me and left me speechless. His eyes are so unnaturally green. I can look into his eyes all day, but that would be really wierd.

"If it's another one of your stories about Rachel hitting on you, I don't want to hear"

Rachel is my little sister. She is one year younger than me. Mom worships the ground she walks on. Needless to say, Rachel is the fucking goddess while I and Ryder were treated as scums. Mom didn't outright told us that she hated our guts, but she never showed that she cared either.

If I were to be announced as the student body President it would be taken the same way as people coming to our homes and telling Mom that I'm a pornstar.

It hurts when Mom always prefers Rachel. She is the golden daughter while I'm the black sheep.

Ugly black sheep.

So it's as obvious as Ron having a thing for Hermione, that I hate my little sister. And to add more fuel to the fire, she constantly make moves on Roth, that pisses me off to no tomorrow.

"No!" Roth pretty much yelled as he spit the words out making a disgusted face. His nose crinkled cutely, making me giggle.

He composed his facial features and continued "Syd, do you like Jamie?"

I chuckled "Of Course! I like him. But it's just that I wouldn't want to be with him when the month ends. Not want to appear as heartless but he's just Jamie. And people like Jamie aren't forever for girls like me who don't give two nickels for popularity and beauty. And Jamie is the kind of person who would like to be always reminded how good looking he is."

"So you don't like beautiful things because I swear the way you raved about how pretty your books are on instagram..." Roth teased.

"I like beauty. I like watching waves, see the swirling foam of salt. I like admiring flowers with delicate petals. I admire things for it uniqueness, the way I adore your eyes for it's unnatural green color. I see the beauty in scars, not in those wicked high cheekbones which would give Cumberbatch a run for his money"

Something in Roth's expression changed, I was about to ask him what was wrong but then got distracted by the ant making it's way to Roth's leg.

"Milton, " Mr.Huffletim voice seethed with anger boomed across the room. I bet the classes near ours must've heard it too. The walls are thin like a wax papers. I remember once I was walking across Principal's office during a free period, the passage was empty. And I could hear moans coming through the door. I wanted to stay there and inspect who was fucking Mr.Tim Cliff. That would have made quite an impressionable gossip. Sadly, all I could hear, as I walked past the office, was moans and Mr.Cliff saying "I see, you've been a bad girl. I like them bad".

Talk about bad porno.

I bet the janitor could make a more better porn-version-talk than our skinny Principal. But who am I to talk about other people.

I swear if Jamie, while fornicating told me that Monotremes is the only group of mammals that lay eggs, I would be fucking turned on.

Oh, Jamie....although I might not want a relationship but the boy knew his stuff.

Something hit my nose as I refocused on my surroundings.

Mr.Huffletim was glaring at me while Roth was shaking his head at me as if he couldn't believe I was oneirisming in broad daylight.

Soon the class ended and Roth started packing his things. I just sat there and observed him bitting his lip, thinking something.

"What are you thinking?" I asked softly.

He looked at me and smiled "Everything and nothing at once"

I stuck out my tongue childishly at him making him laugh. We just sat there, wasting our free period indulging in some non-sense arguments.

As I stroked my fingers tracing Roth's knuckles absentmindedly, listening to his banter I couldn't help but think about the future.

Roth engulfed my hand in his and squeezed reassuringly, as if sensing the raging war in my head.

Whatever may lay ahead, I have Roth beside me. He will never leave me.

In twenty minutes bell is going to ring again notifying the start of lunch period, where I have to face  Jamie again. I hope everything goes well.

*****

I love Halsey soooo much. She is the fucking Queen.

Halsey and Jøsh Dun are perfect. But why aren't they official? Truth be told, I'd be a slut for Jalsey. ♡♥♡