Chapter 13: Nightmare of dirty toilets and pathogens

"We push and pull like a magnet do
Although my heart is falling too
I'm in love with your body" - Ed Sheeran

*****

"Can't breathe." I choked out as the alpha's grip tightened around my neck.

All at once he stepped back, my body slid down the wall.

I rubbed my neck, an angry red bruise already forming. "What's with the tattoo? Is it permanent?"

Roth looked at me as if I had a death wish.

"Shut up!" the alpha "Or else I will behead you, stick your head on a railing and mail your dead body to your parents."

"Hey don't you dare turn this on me" I pouted. "Who asked you to get so wasted that you vomit on unsuspecting girls?"

Roth froze behind me "For heaven's sake, Syd. Shut up"

"Listen to your boyfriend, girl" the alpha said.

I stood up "Yeah, listen to the men. They know better. Better my battered shoes. You vomitted on me and I fucked your face up. That's it. Matter finished. But no you had to choke me in front of everyone to show your male dominance."

The alpha sneered at me "I Zain, the current alpha of the pack Waning Moon accept Sydney Sage as the member of the pack. And as the alpha, I order you to clean the toilets of this pack house. Now you are dismissed."

"Sydney Chase" I correct him and add "And the whole toilet thing is so uncalled for. You do know that you are a werewolf and you can rub your forehead vigourously enough to remove the stain. You skin will heal in minutes too."

"You don't correct me again girl. I know things that you don't know, now follow my orders" he said professionally.

I mentally flipped him a birdie and walked out.

As I stepped outside the room, not looking at any other male, I felt the pack bond settle inside me.

It was chaos. I could hear everyone thinking and talking at once and it wad one of the most overwhelming experience. I calmed my breadth and tried controlling the voices to bear minimum. It was a stroke of luck that I was successful.

There were so many things Roth didn't tell me. The information came naturally.

Only schools knew this cool trick.

I smile, but it stops as I realise who the alpha of the pack is, Zain. The guy who knows where my brother is.

I turn around and push the door open.

"What do you want?" Zain growls, his temper getting better of him.

"Where is my brother?"

Jake grabs my hand and pushes me out of the door before Zain can speak "Now is not a good time."

"Why?" I ask hotily pushing him against the door.

"His mate is in heat."

"What ha-" I start to say.

But he interrupts "It's just non mated wolves go into heat as they find their mate. They have to seal the bond by-"

This time I interject "having coitus. I know. But what has that got to do with me asking where my brother his. I'm sure he can explain and then go around thinking what position is he going to do her under the full moon tonight."

Roth's eyes widened "First of all how do you know this."

"Pack bond" I snap.

"But you can't just know this from pack bond. It's just a feeling."

I frown "But I can hear voices. According to Hermione hearing voices is always bad. Is it a bad thing?"

"We need to talk. Meet me in my room at night. And don't go around saying stuff about alpha and his mate. Thank god everyone is out." he scolds.

"No, they are downstairs."

"They are not. Everyone left including Raphael and the alpha." he states "And please Sydney I beg you not to do something stupid. Things are already tense."

"Tense? Why?"

He looks at me for a moment "Later"

I watch him jump out of the corridor window. I don't wait around to see where he landed because I have a lot of work to do.

Here I come nightmare of dirty toilets and pathogens.

*****

I know the chapter is short but it was this or nothing at all. Bye.