0.1

I was never really one to go abroad to places just because I wanted to go. I would have a purpose, a goal to make sure it was met if I went, but for some reason I wanted to go to South Korea just because I was so interested in the culture.

Was that a good enough reason to give my parents? No, no it wasn't. But I had been in college already, I told them I could study abroad and I would still learn the same things needed for me to graduate. Did they finally agree? No.

That's when I decided to take matters into my own hands. I applied for two part time jobs, working from when I woke up to the string on night, I couldn't even fix myself up. My mornings would usually be to wake up, make coffee, brush my teeth, change, and leave. When I would get back I would fall on top of my bed. I wouldn't go back home until I was done studying at the library because of how loud the house usually is. My parents finally noticed how badly I wanted to go so they supported me, giving me the extra money I needed.

The plane had just landed, right when the door opened I breathed in deeply, would Korea meet the standards that it would show in the dramas? No, I had already knew my answer. Would I still enjoy it more than America? Possibly, the only down side is that I know nobody or the places to go here.

I made my way to the college here in Seoul, everywhere I stepped there was a kpop song playing in every store. I could hear it from outside, it was that loud. I finally reached my dorm and opened to two other girls being inside. "Ah hello?" I greeted unreassuringly.

"Ah, hello!" The one with dyed red hair and green eyes greeted me happily. Her eyes sparkled as if I had brought gold to share with her.

"Hey, Marilyn, let her adjust first before you start greeting her so 'outgoingly'." The other girl who was slightly taller than Marilyn, with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. "I'm Katelynn, nice to meet you!" She gave me a friendly smile.

"I'm [f/n], nice to meet you." I greeted formally. I didn't want them to get a bad first impression on me as I was always raised that first impressions are the most imprinted ones.

"Well, [f/n], we have already unpacked but we saved a room for you. You should unpack so we can hang out." Katelynn suggested helping my with my bags.

"Can you hang out with us? It would be awesome if you could!" Marilyn pleaded, having her hands locked within each other as she lead me and Katelynn to my room.

"Ah, I can't. I promised that I wouldn't drop my performance if I did abroad to South Korea." I replied softly, disappointed that I had to already turn down an offer to go out somewhere. Katelynn put down the suitcase on my bed as I did the same with the other one in my hands. Katelynn walked out of the room, saying "that's okay, we can hang out later sometime."

"Aw, that sucks!" Marilyn whined as she pouted, her green eyes getting glossy. "That's okay though, I could help you if you'd like. What's your major in?" She asked as she helped me unpack.

As I was unpacking my clothes I sighed deeply, I never wanted to tell anyone what my major was in. After I had told my parents I wanted to major in filming they always told me I took the worst choice I could for my career. After what had happened with my parents I saw how filming could be humiliating to answer for my major studies.

"Filming?"

My heart stopped as I looked towards her as she was reading some pamphlets that I had in my suitcases. "T-That's a second-"

"That's so cool! I majoring in video game programming. It's harder than what I thought it would be."
She sighed heavily as she returned the pamphlets back into the suitcase. "But I know you can do it!" She gave me a thumbs up as she walked out my room.