0.8

A few months went by and I had advanced in my major. Jiyong and I have been getting closer in our friendship to the point where Marilyn would see him she wouldn't freak out and fangirl. However, as our friendship has been inching closer we have been distancing away.

I never expected him to be there for me every second, but I felt like I had lost something close to me.

And I did.

I lost him.

He's been going on so many tours and venturing to multiple countries. Sure, we can text internationally but our schedules wouldn't correspond with each other.

If he was in America by the time he would wake up I would be in school, after I had finished studying he'd be sleeping. But when the distance would become closer we would find time to talk to each other. Our video calls were the closest thing I could get to seeing his face.

I had stopped texting him for a few weeks now, I told him it was best for us to not talk to each other so he could focus on his tour while I focused on my studying since finals were coming up.

The longer we didn't talk the more I felt bored with my life. That's when Marilyn and Katelynn made me realize something.

That I was and am in love with him.

However I tried my best to neglect those feelings, to hide them away, telling myself no idol would ever settle for someone like me. But I failed miserably. I ended up falling for him even more.

"Hey, are you okay?" The person beside me asks.

"Y-yeah. I'm just thinking too much about finals." I lied to him. I felt bad, he knows about my friendship with Jiyong but he doesn't know how I feel towards him.

"It's okay, don't worry. I know you'll do great." He replies as he wraps his arm around my shoulders and kisses my head.

"Thanks Zachary." I look down and give him a small smile.

"Do you want me to drop you off at your place?" He asks as he keeps his arm around me as we walk around the park.

"Ah, I promised your sister I'd take her to the water park." I replied smiling at him. "So your place." I say as we close in on his car. Letting go, I get in the passenger as he gets in the driver. Taking the auxiliary (aux) cable, I plugged in my phone and started to play That XX.

Even though I tried to stop communicating with him I still missed his voice, and his music was the only way to leave me content.

"Are you okay?" Zachary asks me as he's already driving onto the open road, to his house.

I nod, "yeah why?" I ask as I hum the song.

"The song. It's so. How do I say this, sad?" He says not confident in the word he chose. "Is this how you feel? If you want we can talk about it."

I shake my head as the song comes to its chorus once again. "No, I'm fine thanks." I replied, the rest of our ride being filled with awkward silence.

"[f/n]! I've been waiting for you let's go!" Min Hae exclaimed with happiness as she saw me entering the house.

I smile a genuine smile and pat her head. "Go get your things ready, I'll be right here." I smile and soon after she runs off into her room I sit on the sofa. I took a deep sigh as I stretched and looked at Zachary, "you don't want to come with us?"

"You want me to?" He asks as he hands over a water bottle to me.

I hum and rest my head on his shoulder. "I'd be pretty lonely if it was just me and your sister. And Anu." I let out a small laugh and soon after Min Hae came back to the living room with Anu in her hands, only for Anu anxiously wagging her tail.

"I'll be back then." He replies as he gets up and gets his stuff.

"Hey, [nickname.]" Min Hae begins as she inches closer to my right ear whispering into it, "where's GD?" She asks as she steps back and looks at me with concern in her eyes.

Never have I ever felt so lost, because I didn't even know the answer to that question, "he's everywhere. Singing his heart out for people who love his music and hoping he can inspire people to pursue what they love like he does." I responded, shocked at my own answer I had given her.

She only gave me a look that showed she understood what I meant yet at the same time she didn't understand a single word.

-

Min Hae running into the gates of the water park, immediately ran towards the kid pools. Knowing how well Min Hae was capable of being safe, and because she knows we will be at a park closeby, Zachary and I went to walk Anu.

"And he started freaking out because I decided to take you with me instead of him." Zachary finishes his story, I smile at him and shake my head.

"I feel bad you know? Because you took me instead of him knowing he likes them more than I do." I responded as I stood while Anu was doing her business.

"Ah I wanted to spend it with my girlfriend." He comments as he does his signature move, his arm around my shoulder.

I smile and only afterwards I get soaked in water not realizing where I was standing.

Zachary, who had faster instincts, let go of me and remained drier than I did. Even if he did have water on him he wasn't soaked as much as I was. "I hate you." I laugh and playfully punch his shoulder.

He pulls me into a hug, his cheek resting on top of my head, "even being the wet mess you are, you're still beautiful."

I smiled and remained walking once Anu was done, Zachary's arm around me once again, only to see a figure I haven't seen in a long time look directly at me.

It was Jiyong.