Chapter 3

Amy's P.O.V

3:00 am. I couldn't sleep. After yesterday I didn't really want to. I was too busy thinking about everything that had happened and telling myself to just drop out of school and take my exams at home. I laid back in bed and closed my eyes. I needed to get a bit more sleep before I ventured into school.

I woke up at 10 to 9. Estelle would be in her Art class already but I'd got a free period, which I spent in bed. I sighed before dragging myself out of bed. I grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom. I pulled on my black jeans and took off my pyjama top, staring at my arms. I looked in the mirror, crying as I ran my hands over my scars. I promised Elle that I wouldn't do it again... She couldn't know that last night I broke the promise. I quickly pulled on my long sleeved Gaslight Anthem top and washed my face. I looked at the time on my phone. 9:00 am. I was going to be late but today, I was too depressed to even care.

I arrived at school 15 minutes late and dragged my feet along the floor. I didn't lift my head and before I knew it, someone had pulled me aside and into the cleaners cupboard. The door closed and they turned the light on. I slowly looked up to see Josh looking down at me. He looked worried as he held my arms making my eyes water in pain. He wasn't holding tightly, but because they were new cuts it was painful.

"What was up with you yesterday? Are you okay?" He asked, looking into my eyes and keeping hold of my arms.

"I'm fine." I said, smiling weakly.

"You're not fine! Tell me!" Josh exclaimed, staring into my tear filled eyes.

"I said I'm fine. Now please can you let go of my arms, you're hurting me." I whispered.

"I barely have a hold on you..." He said. I stood in silence looking at me feet. "Amy?"

"You know my name?" I asked, looking up.

"Yeah. I'm not a complete dickhead you know." He said, laughing slightly. I'd probably have laughed too but would have burst into tears if I wasn't biting my lip to stop the tears. "So? What was all that yesterday?"

"Erm. Anxiety and all that..." I whispered.

"And all that?" He said, raising an eyebrow. I kept looking at my feet and trying to move my arms away.

"Yeah... Look, please can you let go of my arms..." I whispered.

"Why?" He said.

"Cause it hurts."

"Amy I'm barely touching you." He said, before I felt him gently rolling my sleeves up.

"Josh don't..." I said, struggling to move away.

"Oh my god..." He gasped, staring at my arms.

"I said don't!" I cried, pulling my arms away and running out the cupboard and pulling my sleeves down again. I quickly dried my eyes before running to my English lesson.

"Amy, you're late." Mr Simpson frowned.

"Yeah I know. Sorry, I overlaid." I said, quietly. I moved over to the table where the gang were sat but not saying a word.

"You okay Mimi?" Estelle asked.

"Yeah." I said, not looking up.

"That's not an acceptable excuse Amy." Mr Simpson said.

"Then put me in detention." I said. Mr Simpson walked over to our table and placed his hands on the desk.

"Amy what's the matter with you?" He asked in a whisper.

"Nothing." I said, shrugging.

"Amy..." He said, getting more irritated, as was I.

"Oh piss off!" I shouted, standing up and knocking my chair over in the process as Josh stood in the doorway. I grabbed my bag and stormed out. I'd have slammed the door but Josh was in the way. "Move." I growled at Josh as he blocked the exit.