Chapter 21

Amy's P.O.V

2 weeks later and I was getting my bag ready for Pete's birthday celebrations. He'd told us to go to his as soon as we were ready, so I'd made the decision of going straight from school, just to be annoying.

"Morning Elle!" I shouted as she opened the door.

"Fuck sake can you be any louder?" She groaned allowing me inside. "Dude it's 5:30am!"

"Sorry I couldn't sleep! Today's a big day!" I cheered flopping onto her sofa.

"Is it? I hadn't noticed." She said rolling her eyes.

"Really?" I sighed, standing up. "Elle today is the start of our revolution!"

"Amy I think you've finally lost it." She sighed holding her head in her hands.

"C'mon! Do you really not see it!?" I cheered, placing my hands on her shoulders.

"See what?" She asked, yawning.

"We're joining the cool squad!"

"Amy..."

"Elle, what is up with you?" I asked, sitting down with her.

"How can you trust them after everything?" She sighed, sitting next to me.

"Because life's to short to be worried about the past. We've got to look to the future." I smiled.

"And what happens if the startup again?"

"Then I will calmly walk away."

"You? Calmly walk away?" She laughed.

"Yes. I will not spark rage from now on! This is the new me, the smart me, the clever me." I said making her laugh louder. "Careful you'll wake your mum."

"Why you here at 5:30 anyways?" She asked before we went up to her room.

"I couldn't sleep." I shrugged.

"I suppose that's fair enough. What you wearing today?" She said looking at me in my onesie.

"Whaaaaat!? You don't approve of my look?!" I said acting fake hurt.

"C'mon even I know that recently you've been making a massive effort." She chuckled. "Why is that by the way?"

"Like I said, the new me, smart me, clever me." I grinned before rummaging in my bag. "One sec imma go get changed."

"Okay!" She laughed as I ran out the room. I walked back in wearing a long tartan skirt with a lace detail shirt.

"Ta dah!" I cheered doing a little twirl.

"Well it's a statement." She laughed.

"Why thanks! That's what I was aiming for." I laughed, sitting on her bed. "Go on then. What about you?"

"Erm..." She said rummaging through her wardrobe before pulling out a plain grey jumper, black jeans and white slip on pumps.

"Awh you look cute!" I cheered, quickly pulling on my boots and grabbing my hat and red satchel.

"Do I?" She said blushing.

"Yeah! Instagram worthy! Snap a photo, post it and let's go!" I laughed.

"Should I?" She asked, getting nervous.

"You don't have to but it makes me feel better being able to share things without caring." I smiled.

"Erm okay..." She said, taking a deep breath before taking a faceless selfie. "No faces just yet."

"Yeah okay, one step at a time!" I cheered.