Chapter 15

Amy's P.O.V

I was finally allowed to leave the hospital. I'd been awake for nearly a month now. At the beginning Estelle visited me at least 3 times a day. Now I was lucky if she came at all. I felt like she was keeping something from me.

The doctors wouldn't let me leave until I was eating properly again and I think I've just about achieved that. I collected all my stuff into my bag and left the hospital. For the walk home I put my earphones in and listened to Delete by DMA'S.

I slowly opened the door to my house and slowly made my way into the living room to see my mum crying. I gently knocked on the door and she jumped up and saw me.

"Amy!" She gasped. I smiled at her before she wrapped her arms around me. "Are you okay to be at home?" She asked. I nodded handing her the note from my doctor. "I'm so glad you're home darling." She smiled. "I've got tea in the oven. It's lasagne. Would you like me to plate you some up?" She said, walking to the kitchen. I smiled as I nodded before running up to my room and putting my bag there.

I ran back down and sat opposite my mum at the table. I was a slow eater but I managed to eat everything and I felt so much better for doing so. I smiled at my mum once I'd finished and she kissed my cheek.

"How about you go and rest? I'll be up to bed soon anyway." My mum said, clearing the pots away. I nodded again, standing up and kissing her cheek before going up to my room.

I got changed into my checked pyjama bottoms and my white vest top before crawling under the covers of my bed. I switched off the lamp which was the last remaining light on in my room. I laid thinking about everything that had happened. Was I well again now? Would I ever get like that again? I hoped not. Another thing I didn't get. Why Josh had continuously visited me in hospital even when Estelle hadn't. I didn't blame her though. She'd been through enough with her own health I couldn't of asked her to watch me go through similar. Despite everything all I wanted was to get back to school and catch up on everything. Music especially. I'd left Josh in charge so god knows how our song turned out. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up feeling refreshed. I yawned, stretching my arms before getting out of bed. I put on my pale blue skinny jeans and my Courteeners band top. I settled for my white converse pumps and grabbed my hoodie, phone and bag.

I went downstairs to kiss goodbye to my mum. I knew she didn't want me going back so soon but I needed to to get back to normal. She was sat in the living room looking at what was on TV. She'd got today off. She'd earned it.

"Oh Amy. Are you going back to school already?" She asked, standing up. I nodded pecking her cheek quickly. "Are you sure?" She asked. I nodded. She sighed. I shrugged. "Well if you need anything or if you want to come home early just give me a text yeah, and I'll come and pick you up." I nodded, smiling at her once more before waving as I left the house.

The school was busy. It felt weird going back at the same time as everyone was arriving. I felt like I didn't belong anymore. Suddenly someone's arm swung around my shoulders and pulled me into a hug.

"Amy! You're back!" The cheery voice said. I could tell it was Hayley with her tone of voice. That and she smelled of lemon sherbet sweets. I smiled at her gently. She raised her eyebrow. "You're very quiet. Is everything okay?" She asked. I nodded before smiling at her again. She opened her mouth to speak and quickly closed it and walked with me inside. We reached the point where one of us goes one way and the other another. "I'll see ya in English Amy." She cheered. I smiled and nodded. Again, giving her a little wave before I went to my form room. Everyone was going inside and I followed behind taking my seat at the back. No sign of Estelle. I pulled out my Jeremy Clarkson book as she ran through the door.