"Awkward."

All events that followed the argument and whole situation made anything and everything awkward between Kelley and Christen. They'd get partnered up at practice; it was awkward. They'd be forced to sit next to each other in class; it was awkward. For god's sake, they'd  see each other in the locker room, and it'd be awkward. It was a whole new experience, considering they'd always been so comfortable with each other.

Now they felt like stranger to one another.

They found themselves wanting to be as far away from each other as they could possible get. Nothing was the same anymore. And this wasn't like their earlier argument over Ali and Ashlyn; this was serious. It came to the point where Kelley thought about dropping out of college, just so she wouldn't have to see or think about Christen, or even hear her voice.

'How can someone that I love so much, hate me with such a burning passion?'

The amount of discomfort especially rose inside of Kelley when she saw Christen and Julie together. They'd been dating for two weeks, and Kelley still couldn't help but feel like that should be her. She wanted to be the one by Christen's side at the end of the day. She wanted to be the one that could hold Christen in her arms. She wanted to be the one that got that, "I love you," from Christen.
Now, these feelings had only just formed, and they still confused Kelley. Christen was supposed to be her best friend. She wasn't supposed to have a crush on her. . . But, that's the tricky thing about it. You don't get to pick and choose who you love; it just kind of happens. And it just so happens that Kelley had fallen in love with Christen. Even though she knew the striker would never talk to her again, she still couldn't fight the way that she felt.

'I've always been told to express my feelings, but now I'm not so sure.'

• • •

Kelley found herself at the dorm room of Alex and Tobin, needing advice from the two, considering they were the only ones that were willing to talk to her. Alex had practically pulled Kelley into the dorm when the defender had said, "I need some help."

A few minutes after first entering the dorm, all three girl were sitting on Tobin's bed, cross-legged pillows in their laps. They had begun talking about soccer, which began to distract Kelley from Christen. . . That is, until Tobin brought up the fact that Kelley kind of broke Christen's wrist. . . Needless to say that she did it on purpose, because Kelley was already breaking down in tears.

"Why'd you do it, Kells?" was the only thing that came out of Alex's mouth before Kelley practically threw herself into Tobin's lap, looking up at the ceiling with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I don't know. .."

Alex and Tobin exchanged worried looks, before Tobin spoke up.

"What do you mean, you don't know? You obviously had a reason for doing it, and don't even try to deny it because you know I'm right."

Kelley tightly shut her eyes and took a deep breath, "Okay, yeah, about that. . . That's kind of what I need your advice with."

"Spit it out," Alex huffed.

"I was. . . Jealous."

"Jealous of what?"

The defender took in a shaky breath before continuing, "Jealous of Christen and Julie."

"Kelley, you love Christen, don't you?"

Kelley was startled as those words came out of Tobin's mouth, but she shamefully agreed, nodding her head and looking at the floor.