"Moving On."

It may have taken a month, but Alex and Tobin had finally convinced Kelley to move on from Christen. They knew how hard it could be to forget about someone who you truly love, but they just wanted the best for Kelley. If that meant having a small heartbreak to find someone else who she sincerely loves, then so be it.

Kelley didn't want anyone else, but she figured it was worth a shot to try and forget about her. Anything could be better than wallowing in a pit of sadness and self pity for the rest of her life.

You see, everything with Christen and Julie was sailing smoothly. They were helplessly in love with each other, and were always at each other's sides. Julie practically did everything for Christen so her wrist could fully recover. The striker didn't think anything could go wrong, and that the rest of her last year at Stanford would be great. . . That is, until she saw Kelley walking around campus with the Stanford Girls Soccer goalie. Her name was Hope Solo, and despite being on her team since her "freshman" year at Stanford, Christen had only ever spoken a few words to her. If the striker was being honest, the keeper intimidated her. She had a few inches of height to hold against Press, and always seemed to have the bitchiest look on her face. She was literally the total opposite of Christen.

So, you can imagine the striker's reaction to seeing her ex-best friend hanging out with such a figure. As expected, she went through several different phases; from shocked, to confused, to angry, and then to jealous.

• • •

"Jules. . . Can I talk to you about something?" Christen's voice came from behind the counter, small and whiny.

Julie instantly stopped rummaging through the fridge, turning to walk to Christen and wrapping her arm's around the striker's waist from behind, setting her head on her shoulder.

"All ears, Press."

"It's about. . . Kelley. . ." Christen winced as she heard the words come out of her own mouth. She'd promised to herself that she'd never talk about Kelley again.

JJ scrunched up her nose, but was obviously willing to listen anyway, "Okay, I'm listening."

Press looked down at the cast on her wrist; she didn't look back up. She just kind of stared at it, wondering if she was really about to say what had her upset out loud to her girlfriend. Nonetheless, she took a deep, shaky breath and continued on.

"You know that Hope Solo girl?"

Julie laughed a bit, cocking her head to the side, even though it was still on Christen's shoulder, and quirked an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? Yeah, of course I do."

"Okay, well. . . Kelley's been hanging around with her."

"So?"

"So, I think she's a bit. . . I don't know. . . Sketchy."

The defender practically choked on air as she finally pulled her arms away from being wrapped around Christen's waist, walking over to the other side of the counter and leaning on it.

"Sketchy? I mean, yeah, she looks like a bitch, but she's honestly really nice."

Christen pouted, feeling rather dumb that she'd assumed that Hope was probably the worst person in the world.

"Are you sure?"

Julie paused before speaking, her eyes widening a bit as she let out an almost sarcastic laugh, "Are you actually worried about Kelley?"

The striker clutched her cast, and didn't respond for several minutes, seeming to be staring off into space and thinking of the right answer.

Finally, all that she did was give a simple nod of her head.

'Yes.'

• • •

Several weeks had passed, and Kelley had forgotten all about Christen; she forgot about breaking her wrist. She forgot about her and Julie. She forgot about being her friend.

All of her focus was now on Hope. She didn't quite understand why the keeper even wanted to associate with her, though. Almost everyone on campus thought that she was just a prick, at this point.

Finally, the day had come; the day Kelley thought to ask Hope out. The thing is, this just so happened to be the day that Christen had worked up the courage to confront Kelley about who she'd been hanging out with.

Even with Julie's reassurance that Hope was a good person, Christen still wasn't having it. Deep down inside, she just had a feeling that Hope would be the one to break Kelley's heart. And even with everything they'd been through, Christen would still like to at least call Kelley her friend, and there's no way she was gonna let some person that she'd never even talked to before break her be-. . . Friend's heart.

Friend.

When Kelley had been walking out of her dorm room was the exact moment that Christen was about to knock on the door.

The two stared at each other for a matter of 30 seconds before Christen managed to mutter out an awkward,

"Hi, Kells. . ."