Love Like Magic// Chapter 13

"You fractured your rib," Madam Pomfrey said. I nodded, accepting what I did to myself. Oliver had worry written all over his face. Then, Brandon, my mom, and Mrs. Wood came running in. Mrs. Wood pulled Oliver into a tight embrace. "What happened?" Brandon asked. "She's fractured a rib. She tumbled down the hill and fell right on the rib."

"Will she be okay?" my mom asked. "She'll be fine. We just have to do some treatments today and tomorrow. Then you can freely go around, but we'll put a brace on for about a month." While Madam Pomfrey was explaining things to my mom and Brandon, I looked over at Oliver. He was explaining something to his mother. He looked guilty, like everything that occurred was his fault. A tear fell from his eyes. His mom pulled him into a hug, a tight one. I felt terrible for him. We've been through so much garbage lately. I need to do something for him. I decided to take him on a date.

"Oliver, come on!" I dragged him by the lake. "Hey, slow down a bit, will ya?" I turned around to face him. "I'm going faster than you and I have a fractured rib. Hurry up!" He chuckled and walked a bit faster. We came to a tree by the lake. I had a blanket set up with food. Little jars with fireflies were around and in the tree. "You did this?" I nodded, smiling. He went in for a hug, but I stopped him. "Hey, remember my ribs stupid?" He put his hand over his chest, acting hurt. I giggled. "That hurts, ya know?" I grabbed his hand and we sat on the blanket. We started eating, but mostly talking and goofing off. After a while, we laid down, looking at the stars. I remember during the summer, the first time we all sat out looking at the stars. We were listening to the radio, obnoxiously singing to the songs. I started to sing one that fit the mood, humming the first part. Oliver started to sway slowly, enjoying my voice.

How many nights does it take to count the stars? That's the time it would take to fix my heart. Oh baby I was there for you, all I ever wanted was the truth. Yeah, yeah. How many nights have you wished someone would stay, lie awake only hoping they're okay. I never counted all of mine, if I tried I know it would feel like infinity.

I looked up at Oliver. He had his arms lightly wrapped around my waist, not wanting to hurt anything. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too, m'lady."

Done with chapter 13, yay! I wanted to add in a cute Oliver/Violet moment. Also, tell me if you know what that song is. I love it soooooo much. Thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter. All the love - Abby <3