Chapter 22

~Zayn's POV~

I don't understand why Scarlett got so angry at me. Maybe it was because I was being an asshole by changing seats when the truth was I didn't want her to talk to me because I had nothing to say. What else could I have done?

Niall, Liam and I all heard glass shatter outside. I walked slowly towards the door and saw Finn running outside, bursting the front door open before looking around then running towards something. I felt the need to go and see what was happening, but I was battling with myself. What if it was Scarlett? What would I say?

A couple of minutes passed by and I was still debating on going outside. The door slowly opened before Finn walked in, carrying Scarlett bridal style. My heart dropped to my stomach at the vision. Scarlett's arm fell down and her whole hand was covered in fresh blood. I felt myself tear up before Finn sent me a dirty look, continuing to walk towards the school's nurse. My lips parted and I couldn't believe what was happening.

What am I doing to Scarlett?

*

Today was the day of our English test. I haven't studied as much as I planned, but English is the easiest and my faverouite class so it's okay. I haven't had the chance to talk to Scarlett after yesterday. I wanted to speak to her. I had so many questions. So many things I needed and wanted to know. It was weird how I couldn't bring myself to just walk up to her, apologize and then ask her what I wanted to know. She makes me weak. In a perfectly good way.

I entered the English class and sat down quickly as the teacher was telling us to not cheat and what the consequenses were if we were ever to do that.

We were handed the paper of the assignment and I looked over at Scarlett who was looking right back at me with sad eyes. She mouthed 'I can't do this' before I decided to write two papers. One who was going to be on Scarlett's name and the other on my name.

Scarlett's paper was more important then mine so I used over half of the time we had to write a paper for her before I quickly started on mine. It wasn't a difficult paper at all, but it was hard to write a good one where the teacher wouldn't notice that the paper was written by an A+ student, but a person who is most likely failing.

The time was over and I had just finished the two papers before I smugly and unoticabily walked over to Scarlett, giving her the paper I had written. I whispered in her ear as she looked at me with a confused look.

"Take it."

"Why?" She whispered as we walked up to the teacher.

"Consider it as an early birthday present." I said out loud before I handed the teacher my paper.

Scarlett did the same before she turned around and looked at me for a couple of seconds as she smiled thankfully, walking past me to get her bag. I did the same as we walked together out of class. I glanced at her hand which was wrapped up the back at her beautiful face.

"How did you know?" She asked me simply.

"I think we both have a lot of questions that we want to ask. Let's go back to your place." I said with a smile.

She agreed to my proposal before we started to walk to her place. It was strange. How she had afford to such a beautiful home without a job. It was a turn on though. How she was so independent. Everything about her was perfect. And it made me sad how I can't call her mine.

We were both sitting in her bed, not doing anything. I glanced at her a couple times, but she never looked back at me.

"Can I start with asking questions?" She asked quietly.

I simply nodded before she asked me the first question.

"Why did you write an entire paper for me?"

"Because I know you fail the class and I wanted to help you with at least passing." I simply stated.

"Thank you, it means so much to me that you would do that for me." She said with a smile.

"Okay, next question. How do you know when my birthday is?"

"I know you."

"But I don't know your birthday." She stated more to herself then to me.

"12th of January."

She looked up at me with big eyes and her lips parted in shock. She apologized to me a thousand times before we continued.

"Why did you get so mad at me for kissing Finn?" She spoke with hurt.

"I hate seeing you with someone else. It makes me angry and hurt how you can move on and I can't. You kissed him with so much passion that I couldn't control my actions." I started.

"But now I know that your happiness is my happiness. So if you're happy with Finn, I'll be okay. Because I still love you."

"I love you too." Scarlett whispered with an extremely low voice that I could barely understand what she said.

I smiled big and butterflies were formed in my stomach as hope filled my insides. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She still loves me. I have a chance go get her back.

"My turn." I said.

"When you were over at my house the other day, why were you so upset when we were eating breakfast?" I asked.

Her expression changed from soft and smiling to harsh and tense. I instantly knew I hit a soft spot, but I deserve to know why she was so angry.

"Um.. It's nothing really." She muttered.

I sent her a harsh look before she exhaled sharply and looked directly at me with sad eyes.

"I don't want you to worry or get involved with this. It's my problem and I will find a way to fix it." She started.

To be honest, I couldn't promise her anything because I hate to see her sad and in trouble. But I did the normal thing and nodded.

"I got three bills in my mail that were due almost two weeks ago and I don't have money to pay. And I got a call this morning saying that I had to move out tomorrow. Which is my birthday."

I looked at her in shock. Not being able to understand exactly why she couldn't pay. But that wasn't the important part. She doesn't have a place to stay.

"Do you have a place to stay?" I asked her, still in awe over what she said.

"No." She answered with hurt in her voice as she started to cry.

I quickly leaned over and hugged her tight as she sobbed on my t-shirt, leaving the material wet.

"You are going to live with my mom and I. Okay?" I suggested.

Scarlett said no over and over again as she cried even harder.

"I'm not going to let you move out of here and not know where you are going. Plus my mom loves you and.." I trailed off, my eyes stinging as the tears wanted to come out.

"Just.. Everything's gonna be okay." I whispered before I hugged her even tighter.

××××××

So sorry for the short, crappy and late update but yeah..

Last week of school! Yaay!

SAFAA FOLLOWED ME AND RETWEETED ME ON TWITTER HOLYYY!