Chapter One

"Where's Allison?" Shane asks as I go through all the hospital bags for about the millionth time.

"She's at home resting up...baby won't stop moving and kicking her relentlessly" I frown without realizing it as I fold up a orange baby onesie. Allison and I decided to keep the gender a suprise, so everything is gender neutral.

The room is painted green with a white border ar the top and bottom. The crib is white and the blankets are white, everything else along those lines.

"Shane, Shane look" I say, smiling as my eyes lay on the notebook.

"What is it, Cass?" He asks, hunched over my shoulder.

"Look it!" I yell and Shane smiles as well.

"These are your baby names?" I nod.

"Alright, you had your peak...now shoo!"

I close the notebook and put it in the baby's bag and place the bottles on top before sliding the baby book in.

"Okay, now we have everything" I say after putting Allison's black beanie in, knowing she'd kill me if I forgot it.

"Um, Cassie!" Shane yells, distressed as he runs over to me with his phone in hand. "Joey texted, they're on their way to the hospital. It's time"

I smile and my eyes go wide, grabbing all three of the bags before bolting out Shane's door.

"Eager, aren't we?" He chuckles as he follows.

"I'm gonna be a mum!" I cry, letting my English side show.

"To the hospital!" Shane declares and hops in the car.

I smile the entire way. This child is gonna have a good life, he or she will be raised well, unlike how Allison and I grew up in the orphanage.

We pull up shortly and I see the car for a split second before Shane swiftly parks.

He jumps out, grabbing all three hospital bags before him and I run in.

"Allison Preda" I say at the front desk.

"They're expecting you guys. Take the elevator up to floor 8 and it's room 17 on your left. Congrats, Cassie" Shane and I thank her before hoping right into the elevator.

"This is really happening, Shane. I'm gonna have a baby" I smile.

"I know...I'm so proud for you guys" He says excidetly.

The elevator stops and the two of us file out, easily finding Allison's room. I knock and Daniel answers.

"C'mon in you two, get in here Cass" I quickly rush in and to Allison's bedside, pressing my lips to hers instantly, eventually breaking off when her machine dings.

"What is that, Allison?" I ask.

"It just let's me know how the baby's doing...it's heart rate and position and stuff" I nod, sitting in the provided chair and taking Allison's hand.

"Tyler's on his way, Allison" Joey says and my girl nods.

"Ouch" She hisses, bringing her hand to her stomach. I frown, she's in pain for me.

I give her hand a tiny grip and she smiles over at me, her hair a mess and sticking to her hair with sweat...yet she still looks beautiful.

"I love you" She whispers.

"I love you, too, darling" I smile.

There's a knock on the door and a nurse enters.

"Shane?" Allison asks.