Chapter Two

Tyler and I stand on the other side of the window at four a.m., looking in on the sleeping Dylan.

But, of course, that doesn't last.

Dylan turns and cries out, beginning the start of his reign of terror.

The maternity nurse is quickly in there and takes him into a back room.

"What do you think the people here think of Allison and I?" I ask as I catch her eye. "I mean, we're two girls, not even sixteen, who are gay and just had a child"

"Who cares what they think, Cassie? I think you're pretty awesome"

"Thanks, Tyler"

The door to the nursery opens and the maternity nurse carries out a fussy Dylan.

"I just changed him but he's obviously not calmed down yet. Do you wanna just sit out here and hold him? Or I could get a bassinet to take back to your sleeping room?" She suggests.

I turn to my bland-haired room buddy. "Do you mind?"

"Not at all, Dylan is more than welcome"

"A bassinet would be great, thank you" I nod and the maternity nurse hands me my son before heading back to get the bassinet.

"Hey, bubba" I coo to tiny little Dylan, swaying back and forth carefully. "What's wrong?"

Tyler appears behind me and gushes.

Two fans appear in the hall and I don't even look up as they snap pictures, I just admire Dylan.

The fans, who I may or may not have met before, stay there, and after five minutes, one walks away.

I then turn on my heels, walking towards the remaining girl, with pastel purple hair.

"Hi" I say quietly, swaying the now asleep Dylan. "What's your name?"

"Bailey" She says, rocking on her heels anxiously. "Congratulations, by the way"

"Thank you. You don't know how much it means that you guys are supporting Allison and I and all our decisions. I was so scared about coming out and bringing Allison around and having a baby. Just thanks for everything"

"It's no problem, Cassie. We really love you and Allison. I alone will always support you. And by the way, Dylan is so adorable" Bailey says.

"Aww, thanks sweetheart. Tyler's collecting a bassinet so we can take Dylan up to the room we got. Allison has her own and then Shane, Daniel, and Joey are all separated in different rooms" Remember the Graceffa talk....Remember the Graceffa talk.

"So, how's Allison doing?"

"She's okay, I guess. Really exhausted. Little guy was here pretty quickly but it still took a ton of effort out of her" I explain, nodding. Dylan fuses in my arms again and I sway back and forth, cooing to him softly.

"Hey" Tyler says, here at my side with the bassinet. "Made a friend?"

"Tyler?" Bailey says in disbelief and I laugh, fangirl problems. I can relate. She reaches out, sprawling his hands across his face. Tyler laughs, sticking his tounge out and licking Baileys hand, making her squeal.

"Shhhh" Tyler shushes with a laugh, gesturing to Dylan.

He clenches his fist and lets out a cry.

"One second" I sigh.

"Sorry" Both of them apologize but I reassure them it's okay.

"Tyler, can you come? I just want to put him to bed. Bailey will you be 'round?" She nods vigorously and I smile, bidding her farewell.