Chapter Four

"Shhh" Daniel hushes whoever enters the room, running his hands through my hair and down my arms.

Well, I'm awake now. Groaning, I toss and turn, Daniel sighing.

"Hey, baby" He says softly. "Did we wake you?"

I nod and Danny apologizes. After wiping the sleep from my eyes and opening them, I let out a strangled groan.

"We?" I ask.

"Hey, Chika!" Tyler chimes, stepping into view. "How you doing?"

"I'm okay. How's Allison?"

"Well, she knows"

"And?"

"She wishes she could come up here. They won't let her. You know what I think would make you feel better?" Tyler asks.

"What? What could possibly make me feel better?" It comes out rash, and harsh...but Tyler doesn't mind. He gets that everything right now is so freaking hard. And stressful. And basically for me, a death sentence.

"Seeing Dylan" And just like that, there's a smile on my face.

"Okay" Daniel stands up and puts me on his hip, arms tightly around me.

"Are you sure? Now that we know and everything"

"I need so see him Danny" I rest my head on his shoulder, burrying my face into his neck and keeping my legs hooked around his waist.

"Let's go then, Tyler" Daniel starts walking.

"Where are the others?" I ask.

"Joey is in the cafeteria and Shane is with Allison" I nod, fastening my head into Daniel's neck where it belongs.

Once he stands still, I know we've entered the elevator.

I hum along to the sound of I Wanna Fly by: Trevor Moran.

"You like this, Cassie?" Tyler asks and I nod.

"I love this song"

"I'll make sure to tell him"

"You know him?"

"Of course! He is a Youtuber, you know"

"Of course I know"

The elevator stops and dings, the three of us filing out.

I only move my head from Daniel's neck when he haults, my eyes instantly finding Dylan in the nursery.

His big blue eyes curiously scan the room, then find me. The gaze up and I can't tell what he's looking at me. Is it confusion? Is he trying to find out who I am? Is it love? Does he know me? Is it fear? Is he afraid of me?

His eyes find Daniel, then Tyler. When they see him, his hand moves up and he points.

"He likes you, Ty" I comment, smiling.

"I think he does" He says, nodding his head and waving at Dylan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's two weeks later now, and Allison, Dylan, Tyler, Shane, Joey, and I are all walking into the hospital for a different reason now. It's my first chemo appointment, and I'm terrified.

Allison knows that with the baby she won't be able to come in when I'm getting hooked up to chemo, but then my baby and my other baby will be in the room with me.

Allison and Dylan take off to the cafeteria and the rest of us head to the top floor.

Tyler takes me up into his arms with a little struggle, but he refuses to let go of me, saying something about comfort and loving someone.