Chapter 23: We Need To Talk

Ralph's POV

"What do you think went on over there?" Marlene asked from the couch.

"I don't know, but whatever it was they probably worked stuff out," I shook my head, "'Cause damn those moans were loud as fuck!"

Make up sex... Those two were interesting. 

Marlene got up and wrapped her arms around me from behind. "Think you can make me moan louder, Ralph?" She murmured as she grabbed at the front of my jeans.

I unzipped my jeans and her fingers wrapped around my exposed skin. She kissed at my neck while her fingers worked their magic. I was really close when she suddenly stopped before ending her handjob.

"Marlene," I groaned.

She ran her fingers through my hair and she turned to face me. She pushed me back softly and I hit the couch with the back of my knees. I sat down and she got on her knees in front of me. Her tongue swirled against my tip and her fingers wrapped against me again as she began pumping up and down repeatedly. She began to suck on me which lead me to come, and as she licked off my release, I groaned again.

I picked her up off the floor and slanted my mouth against hers as I wrapped my arms around her too small waist and pulled her closer to me. Her tongue swept over my lips and finally into my mouth where our tongues swirled against each other. She pulled back she closed her eyes. She stayed like that for a little too long.

I sighed. "Are you okay?"

She opened her eyes. "Yeah," she breathed, "I'm fine. Come on, we can go on."

She tried to kiss me, but I didn't let her. I pulled up my pants and buttoned them then I sat her on my lap and stroked her hair. "It's okay, Marlene. You don't have the energy for sex. I get it."

Her eyes glossed over. "Ralph, I—"

I interrupted her. "How many days has it been, Marlene?"

She wouldn't look at me.

"How many days, Marlene?"

"Th-three days."

I closed my eyes and sighed again. "Three days," I repeated. I opened my eyes and looked at her; the sunken features on her face. "Marlene, you can't... you can't keep doing this to yourself."

She tried to pull herself away from me, but I didn't let her. "Ralph, no, please. Let me go."

"We need to talk, Marlene."

"I—I don't want to talk."

"You never  want to talk!"

"Because you're only going to tell me all these things about how much you believe in me and how you think I can change. It breaks my heart, Ralph, because," she began to cry, "because I'm only going to give us false hope."

I hugged her reassuringly as she sobbed into my arms. "Just because you got away with us not talking again doesn't mean that you're always going to get away with it. We will talk eventually."

She pulled back from the hug and looked at me with a tear-streaked face. "Ralph, we can still have sex." 

She kissed my face and I sighed and shook my head. "No. We will not have sex, Marlene. You haven't eaten in three days. Your body's not up for it."

"I feel fine, Ralph!"

"That's because you're used to it," I murmured.

She stood up abruptly and when she almost fell over, I immediately jumped to her side. She held the side of her head with one hand and pushed me away with the other.