Chapter 37: Party Pen

Kim's POV

This was ridiculous. It was too much. I felt disgusting. Tainted. Dirty.

I slowly make my way back home, but when I get there I don't want to go inside. Instead, I just sit down on the floor and replay the night's events:

I clicked on Ralph and I walked out into the hall.

Why the fuck was she here? She needed to leave me alone!

I stayed quiet, not wanting to speak to her. I watched her watch me. Check me out, actually. She blatantly looked at me from top to bottom and then back to the top again.

Her features shifted slightly and it seemed like she was thinking deeply about something. I took a long drag from my cigarette and stayed looking at her. Waiting.

Then as if realizing that not a word has been spoken, she asked the first question that popped into her head: "How many do you smoke a day?"

I exhaled the smoke. "A pack."

"Oh. Wow." She said and it annoyed me.

"There's twenty in the one I buy," I told her because she clearly didn't know. My annoyance turned into frustration and I ran my other hand through my hair. "Why the fuck are you here?" I finally asked.

"I wanted to know why your legs were so scarred."

Great. Another fucken person who couldn't leave it alone. "Why?", I asked trying to keep my responses as short as possible.

"Because they're the only imperfect thing about you."

I scoffed at the lie of a remark. "It's none of your business." I told her the same thing as last time in hopes that she'd let it be and leave me alone.

"Is Rebecca inside?", she suddenly asked.

I looked at her cautiously. "Yeah," I said it slowly, "why?"

"I'm going to tell her you fucked me."

I almost lost it. And here I thought Marlene had acted crazy at the party, but this girl... She was clearly something else.

She started to walk around me to do some stupid thing like knock on the fucken door, but I put my hand on her shoulder and stopped her.

She looked up at me. "What?", she asked, her voice in a sickly innocent tone, "Technically you did."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What the fuck. No, I didn't."

She smiled, but it was sly and wicked. "Yes, you did." She took a step back, but I didn't remove my hand from her shoulder just in case she tried something. Then she said the most bizarre thing: "You fucked me with your eyes."

Incredible. She was fucken nuts.

"I saw you that day, Kim," my body became rigid as I knew exactly what she was talking about, "You came back into my place and you saw." I didn't notice when she removed my hand from her shoulder, but I came back to my senses when I felt her thumb rubbing against my skin. "You have a girlfriend. Why did you hesitate to leave?"

I pulled my hand away quickly and lie. "I didn't hesitate."

She smiled. "Sure, you didn't," she said it almost tauntingly, "And I didn't play with myself."

I mentally cursed. I brought my cigarette back to my lips and took another long drag in hopes that it would help me think of better excuses. I closed my eyes for a moment and let myself think.