Chapter 15

(Azura's pov)

"Because I love him"

My eyes widened. "Wha?" I couldn't say anything. "This is so messed up" I said, shocked.

'It's a dream! Must be a bad dream' I thought to myself.

Suddenly Nozomi's grip on my hands left and I saw him being punched mercilessly by Ren.

"Ren! Wait! Stop it already!" I said.

"YOU BASTARD! DON'T YOU DARE GO NEAR WHAT'S MINE" he shouted continuing to pummel his face.

I went over to Ren trying to stop him. Nozomi was already passed out on the floor.

I held both his hands trying to bring him up but he didn't budge. So I forcefully grabbed his chin and kissed him. I winced in pain as his teeth slightly scraped my bottom lip. But I didn't mind. I have stop Ren or else Nozomi will die.

He stopped his actions and started kissing me back. When we stopped, he hugged me tightly.

"Ren" I said panting.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked as he pulled back, his fingers gently tracing the cut on my lips.

"I'm sorry Ren. I-I wanted to tell you but before that I wanted to confront him myself " I said tears coming from my eyes.

"Confront him yourself? Didn't you know how dangerous it is to get involved in something like this?" He questioned.

"I'm really sorry Ren" I said looking down as he wiped my tears.

"Look at me" he demanded.

I slowly did and he quickly cupped my cheeks, kissing me again. He pulled back licking my lips. I blushed.

"As I thought this world is unsafe for you" he muttered but I didn't really catch his words.

"What? " I asked.

"Nothing "

"Now let's clean up this mess" he said while getting up.

"What are you going to do? " I asked.

He bent down and picked Nozomi's left leg, dragging him towards the entrance.

Is he serious?

"Where are you taking him?" I asked, panicking at the way Ren handled his body.

"To my house" came his cold reply.

"Are you nuts? What do we tell papa? Besides we need to check if he's alright!" I said.

Ren stared back at me for a few seconds. His face was blank so I didn't really know what he was thinking about. Then he smiled at me.

This smile was nothing like the ones he gave me before. This was kind of creepy. It made him look insane.

"R-Ren?" I stuttered a little.

"Yes, yes. That's what I'm going to do at my house" He said.

"O-ok. Can I come with you?" I asked.

"Sure" he said. I was happy that he returned back to his normal mood.

"Could you at least hold him properly?" I asked but he ignored me and continued dragging his body.

I followed him to his house quietly. Ren was already angry so I stayed quite not wanting to anger him more. He made Nozomoi lie on his couch and brought out the first aid kit.

It was so unlikely of Ren to do this. I thought he was really going to kill Nozomi but here he is, treating Nozomi's wounds.

I giggled slightly.