xxiv; christmas with the køhler's

___

"One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books."
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 

___

Isaac threw a pine cone at Lukas that night, with an excited grin on his lips. "It's Christmas tomorrow!" He rushed at the boy, and then turned to Dan and Phil. "Christmas!" He repeated, and he looked like a child again, jumping up and down that quickly. His voice was rushed and high as well, and his hands were clasped together, eyes wide.

"Yeah, we know, Isaac." Lukas cooed jokingly, and leaned on the house while they were outside in the snow, the poor detectives jeans probably soaked from sitting down and making snow angels. "Now, let's go inside." He suggested, softly, and offered a hand.

Isaac pouted, and even Phil was ready to let him stay out a little longer, but latched his hand to Lukas' and stood up. "But then Dan and Phil'll leave!" He whined, and turned to them with a bright smile.

Dan was close to laughing, and leaned further on Phil's shoulder, arms crossed. He had a smile on his face, one that came close to heartwarming, and shook his head. The hat on his head was slipping off, but frankly, he tugged it on further for the lazy fact he hadn't straightened his hair. "I see the curls," Phil whispered, and Dan could feel the grin that the other man probably had, so he only turned and let a smirk lie onto his face.

"And I've seen you with glasses, care to elaborate?" Dan continued, and there was a fuzzy feeling in his chest when Phil laced their fingers together and smiled in reply without an answer.

"I'm good."

Dan laughed, gently, and headed inside after Lukas and Isaac with the plan to watch a movie. Lukas' family, as Dan knew, consisted of him and his sisters. Estella was home and asleep since about nine, and according to the clock, it was eleven thirty five. Kiara, his older sister, was at a friends.

Scrunching up his nose at the television when Lukas put on Christmas With The Kranks, Isaac leaned forward to grab the glass of alcohol off the table and take a sip. However, Lukas interjected with a hand and pulled the glass away and back onto the table, giving Isaac a look. A look that just said; 'Stop'. Isaac did, because fifteen minutes later, he was sipping a coffee to 'sober himself up'.

Dan licked his lips as the movie credits rolled. Two am, and he was looking to a half-asleep Phil, prodding his shoulder. "We should go." He whispered, and when he looked back, Isaac was sprawled onto Lukas' chest.

"Right."

So they headed off back to Phil's apartment for Christmas morning, and slept soundly together.

___

Isaac was up and making hot chocolate and coffee. Estella had seated herself at the counter with a yawn, asking for hot chocolate while they waited until eight to get Lukas up.

"You're in love with Lukey, right?"

Isaac nearly dropped the mugs he was holding, and set them down before he did too, and he watched as Estella drank. "Uh, I wouldn't say in love," Isaac replied lightly, his voice soft and almost confused, "It's a little early, don't you think?"

Estella crossed her arms. "It's never early for true love! Have you seen Tangled?"

Isaac shook his head, and raised an eyebrow towards her, sipping his coffee. "No?" He finally said, and he regretted his answer when she grabbed his hand and grinned.

"We should watch it tomorrow!"

"What're we watching?" Lukas asked drowsily as he walked in, rubbing his eyes. "Isaac, hi." He mumbed softly as he walked past, "Thanks." He grabbed the coffee pot and poured himself a cup.

"Tangled." The curly haired man informed, "We're watching Tangled tomorrow."

Lukas looked up and grinned widely towards him, "I like Tangled."

___

CHRISTMAS IS HERE--

it's november 25th but u know a month early is ok.

love you guys?

bye!!