Chapter 8

We walked for hours on end. After I told Christian I was ready, we were off. My ankle still caused me pain. I was leaning on Christian as we walked. His exprssion was one of worry.

All I could think about was getting to my brother. My twin. I needed him so bad. I kept asking myself the same questions over and over in my head. What if he wasn't there? What if my mom had found out about him, and sent him to a freak school like me? What if I never saw him again? But I couldn't think about those things. I needed to stay positive.

Chrstian seemed to notice that I was fretting over something.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "You seem... Distracted."

I shrugged.

"Just thinking about my brother."

"What if we don't find him?" I asked suddenly.

"What? Of course we will," He didn't look so sure of himself. But he was trying to hide that. He didn't want to hurt my feelings.

"I wonder what my mom will think when we walk through the door..." I said.

   Suddenly, I was terrified. I was scared to what would happen. My mother hates me. We all know it. If she hadn't, then I would be at home right now.

      "Christian, I'm scared," My voice shook, as my expression turned to one of worry.

"Baby, It's alright. What are you afraid of?" He wrapped me in his warm embrace, as I shook with fear.

     "I'm scared of what my mom will think of me. I scared that my brother won't be there. I afraid that they moved. Terrified to think that my brother may not know who I am," My voice wavered.

     "It's all going to be fine. Don't worry. And your twins, remember? Think positive thoughts," He kissed my cheek, wiping away a stray tear that had slipped out, unkown.

"We are identical..." I chewed that over. Of course he will remember me. He just had to.

   "It will be ok. Do you understand?" He stopped walking, and took my face in his hands gentley, his gaze piercing.

   I nodded. He pulled me against him suddenly. Our lips connected with such a force, sparks exploded between us.  Everything I've always needed. Right here infront of me. I was never leaving.

      Our bodies were pressed tightly against one another. We stood for a minute, lips still active. But, all to soon, he pulled away. Our breathing wild. My head was spinning with a delightful dizziness.

    "My love. My life. My all. Standing right here infront of me. My past. My presant. My future. Never leaving your side," He breathed in a wild gasping whisper.

   I pressed my forehead to his chest. The world had stopped spinning for a moment. I felt like nothing mattered. Most likely his intentions. But he looke quite 'winded' himself right now.

 "I love you," I whispered against his chest. I don't know if he heard me, but, of course he already knew how I felt.

********************************

"I don't know about you, but I'm starving," Christian announced

 "I was thinking the same thing," I smiled.

  "So, want me to show you how to trap an animal? Legal of course," He chuckled.

 "Sounds cool!" I agreed, my hunger nawing on the walls of my stomach.

  "Do you hear that?" He asked suddenly.

   "Hear what?"

"That. The bubbling. It's a creek!" He exclaimed. I hadn't exactly thought about how parched I really was until now. The hunger had been too distracting. I grinned in pure delight.