The Accident

Saying it was a rough day would have been putting it lightly. Bella had slept in and made herself late to school, tarnishing her perfect record. Then, in her haste, she had forgotten her math homework at home, earning her a missed assignment. To make matters worse, she had an oral assessment in Spanish that she totally bombed because Sophie was busy the night before and couldn't tutor her.

By the time she got to practice she was pissed. She knew she'd hear it from her mom when she got home, and she honestly didn't wanna hear any of it. All I have to do is make it through practice, she thought to herself. Practice was almost over anyway. They were ending earlier because coach wasn't feeling well.

"Blue 88," Bella shouted. "Hut hut!" She caught the snap, dropped back three steps, and fired to Troy, who was already halfway down the field. He caught it and ran until coach blew the whistle. "Alright guys, that's enough for today. I need to go home and get some more medicine." The team dispersed and went to the locker room to change and go home. While she was walking back, Troy caught up and tapped on her shoulder.

"Hey Bells, just wanted to let you know that you were great today," he said with a kind smile. Over the years, Troy had become less self-centered and more focused on his friends. Bella and Troy had also become best friends over the years. They were unbelievably close, and Bella had recently started developing feelings for him. Troy on the other hand, had known of his feelings since 9th grade, when he and Bella had became closer.

"Thanks Troy. That's the nicest thing I've heard today," she said with a smile that turned into a slight frown. Troy looked at her and sighed. Of course he'd noticed she was a little off today. What kind of best friend would he be if he didn't? I've gotta do something for her, he thought. I know! I'll take her to that new restaurant that she's been wanting to try! He smiled and almost patted his own back for his stroke of genius. "Hey Bella, why don't we go to that restaurant you've been dying to go to? I'll even pay." he asked with a grin, knowing she'd never pass it up. Bella glanced up at him and smiled. He was so sweet. If only he felt the same way. She thought it over for about two seconds and agreed. "I need a pick-me-up and this is perfect. Thanks Troy." Troy smiled and felt his stomach do a flip-flop. Her smile always did that to him. "Okay well why don't you drive over to my house after you get changed and we can go from there," he asked. "Sounds perfect. See ya then," she said, with a blush that was nearly invisible. This is kind of like a date, she thought to herself, getting even more excited.
_______________________________

Bella was driving over to Troy's, still kind of freaking out about the "Almost date thingy" she had with him later. She heard her phone buzz, but didn't check it. She waited until she got to a red light, then pulled out her phone.

Troy:
Hey, u almost here :)

Bella smiled and quickly sent him a text letting him know that she was close. As the light changed, she put her phone down and drove forward. As she was crossing an intersection, she heard a loud horn to her left and looked over. The only thing she could see was a pair of headlights moving towards her.

The last thing Bella heard was shattering glass and a scream that sounded like her own before everything went black.
_______________________________

Hey guys, so this is my first fanfiction story, like ever. I really hope you enjoy it. Feel free to comment your suggestions!! :)