Yeah

Mackenzie didn't make any calls for the first three hours of her trek. She actually hot wired Clint's truck and drove it for three hours south of New York.

Then was when she decided to call Sam.

"Hey, Barton. What's-,"

"It's me, Sam." Mackenzie cut him off, holding the phone to her ear.

"Mackenzie? Is that you? It's so good to hear you after all these months-,"

"Where are you, Sam?"

"Uh, DC."

"Okay. I'll see you in a while." Mackenzie then hung up. Just then, the phone vibrated. Natasha was calling.

Mackenzie ignored the call and dug around Clint's glovebox for something to write with and paper.

She found a pad of paper and a pencil.

Deciding to multitask and drive at the same time, Mackenzie wrote down Sam's number and Steve's number from Clint's phone.

She checked the road before using her knees to drive so she could fold up the paper and tuck it into her bra.

Mackenzie then chucked Clint's phone out of the window.

•*•*•

Mackenzie made it to DC in about six hours. She called Sam from a pay phone to get his location. The two decided to meet at a coffee shop.

Mackenzie slipped her sunglasses on as she sat in a booth, waiting for Sam impatiently.

The Falcon slid into the booth across from Mackenzie about ten minutes later, wearing sunglasses of his own.

"I'm guessing you called me to get locations on. Bucky." Sam said, putting his sunglasses on his head.

"Yeah." Mackenzie nodded. "Could you help me?"

"They don't give me exact locations, Kenzie. Last I heard from Steve was two days ago and he was in Washington state with Bucky."

"Then that's where we're going." Mackenzie proclaimed as she stood up.

Sam didn't ask any questions. He was actually very scared with Mackenzie's appearance and tone.

He just followed behind the small girl.

•*•*•

Over the following hours, the two road tripped from DC to Washington. Mackenzie wanted to bring a few weapons in case HYDRA was around and getting them past airport security would be hard.

Mackenzie was zoning out, eyes staying on the rolling green hills of Indiana while Sam drove. She was worried about Bucky.

It's been about six months since Mackenzie had said she loved him. And she meant it. She wanted to have him back, to hold him in her arms and help him when he needed it.

"Kenzie?" Sam spoke softly.

"I'm okay." Mackenzie replied, already knowing what he was going to ask.

"I just don't like seeing a friend so upset." Sam said. "The whole squad's fallen apart since you almost died. Nat and Barton go their separate ways with you, leaving the other half of us to basically disappear off the face of the earth. Natasha said she didn't want anyone around you, but I knew she was meaning Bucky. I wasn't about to let my man Steve go like that just to stay with you three so I went with them for a while. After a couple weeks of aimlessly moving from city to city with him and Bucky, I had to go back to DC. Told Cap he knew where to find me if he needed me, but that he had to keep in touch. Your man Bucky's been falling apart so much since the last time you saw him. Got his hair cut to what it was like back in their time but it grew back and he left it. He hardly slept, barely ate, never smiled.... Told Natasha the worst thing she could've probably ever done was tell him to leave the way she did."