First Day of Working on the Project

*Anna's POV*

After i got home from school on Wednesday afternoon, I finished my homework and went downstairs to watch tv. While i was watching tv with Frankie, a knock sounded throughout the big house coming from the front door. I stood up and walked to the door just as Kylie reached it. Kylie stopped reaching for the doorknob and said," Oh. Is this someone for you? Like a friend?" I shrugged, honestly not knowing who it was and Kylie smiled then walked away. I opened the door and Damien stood in the doorway wearing an angry expression. "Um, what are you doing here," i asked him. He let out a long, frustrated sigh and said," Why else would i be here? The project, remember?" I said," Well, yeah i remember the project. But i thought that we could like start next week." Damien said," Well i like to get things done early." Damien pushed passed me and into the house. "Yeah, ok. Let's be jerks and just shove our way into other people's houses." Damien glanced at me over his shoulder and stood still to take in the beauty of the house. I closed the door and crossed my arms over my chest and said," Plus, you don't even look like a guy that likes to get things done early. You look like the complete opposite." Damien turned around and said," Really." I shrugged and said," You could have fooled me." I rolled his eyes, still wearing an angry expression. "How did you find out where i lived anyway," i asked. Damien said," Jocelyn gave me the address." Just then, Jocelyn came running down the stairs yelling," Damien!" "Speak of the devil," i murmured, and Damien looked at me and i thought i saw just an extremely small twitch of a smile, but i dismissed it as just another disgusted look. Jocelyn wrapped her arms tightly around Damien and he did not give her a hug back. I got a very tiny feeling that Damien did not like her. Jocelyn said," Come on. I made some snacks." Jocelyn grabbed Damien's hand and tried to pull him to the kitchen but Damien said," Um, actually, Jocelyn, i really wanna get working on this project." Jocelyn let go of his hand with a smile and said," Ok. If you need me, just let me know. Like if you need entertainment." Jocelyn looked disgusted at me and said," Because everyone knows she's not going to be very fun." Jocelyn turned and walked away and i rolled my eyes and walked into the living room. "Hey, who was at the door, Anna," Mathew asked when i entered. He soon saw Damien winked at me and said," Hey, Gary, why don't we leave these two alone." Gary grinned and stood up. When Mathew walked by me, he leaned down to me and said," Have fun." I punched him in the arm and went and sat down on the couch and turned the tv off. Damien threw his backpack on the ground and started pulling stuff out of it. I just looked around the room. Damien sat up straight and said," Look. Let's just get one thing straight. Just because i'm here doesn't mean we're cool and it sure doesn't mean that we are "buddy, buddy" now. Honestly i do not like you, so let's just get done with this stupid project." Again, fro some reason it hurt when Damien said that stuff. I shrugged it off and said," I'm used to people not liking me." Damien said," Good." I said," Sure seems like you don't like Jocelyn either." Damien looked at me and said," I don't." I looked confused at him and asked," Really? Then why do you hang out with her?" "I don't," he said. "She follows me like a lost puppy." I nodded and said," Well you absolutely don't have to worry about me following you around." Damien said," Psh. I don't care. But a lot of girls follow me around. I'm just irresistible." I shook my head and said," You're so full of yourself. Let's just do this dumb project so you and rude butt can get the heck out of my house." Damien said, jokingly," Well that wasn't very nice." I looked at him and asked," Since when does 'nice' fit into your vocabulary?" I then stood up and walked into the kitchen to get a pen and paper. The rest of the time went by pretty fast and Damien was soon out of my house.