BTS RUN MV THEORY

My theory for 'BTS' RUN

So while I was watching the MV, this is what I observed.

Yes, all members except Jin are alive. In the beginning, Namjoon appears with his lollipop and coffee. Since the lollipop is the metaphor for cigarette, it shows he's trying to quit his habit, drowning it down into his new one(caffeine).

Notice the cigarette can make you high. It can make you imagine and see things. He's giving that up because he wants to come back to reality, which is coffee, which gives him an adrenaline rush to wake him to reality (reality concept will be explained further)

The next scene shows him opening a train carriage. Notice that when Jimin also opens his washroom, or when JHope falls down on his bed, or when Jungkook lies in an empty hallway, they all seem to open up to places where the rest of the gang is.

Why? Because they're all imaginary to each other.

They're each others means of escape from reality.

'Run run run' is to run away from reality.

Because each time they head to a depressing place, they open up to their friends, who are always partying, always drinking and enjoying. It's their brains way of diverting them of their sad and depressing reality.

When you see Taehyung cross an x over Jin's chest, its a sign Jin is not real. When he drops down Jin's house of cards, Jin in the next scene, and another scene to come after, looks like he's having a vision. A vision of all seven boys running away. All seven boys SEPERATE, DEPRESSED, RUNNING.

My guess is Jin is a gaurdian angel of all sorts, who failed his job.

Next, we come to Taehyung falling into water.

Water here, is a representation of REALITY.

He can't run on water. And he's drowning into the water because he's done so bad in reality (murdered a person), he can't escape it now. He's going to drown.

An example of them escaping is when Namjoon and he are caught by the police for making graffiti. (This is the part where my part of them being imaginary to each other goes weak)

Then we come to Jungkook and Suga fighting. They're fighting because for Jungkook, his imagination is becoming harmful. It's becoming violent. He doesn't fight at first- he tries to comfort Suga, hug Suga, hug his 'imagination' where he feels far happier.

But the situation is so bad and so violent, he's forced to realise that he needs to get out. This is shown by how he first sees everyone partying in the hallway, and then they fade away and he's stilling alone next to a fixed mirror (Suga broke it before)

And the last scene, where the car huts him, he smiles? It's because he figures out the car is reality, and its going to hit him like a truck, and he's been right about his friends being imaginary all the way.

Then Jimin's washroom scene. Notice the door says 'inhale, exhale, breath'. This reminder is to protect him, which comes in the form of his imaginary friends.

Then we see the traffic stopping scene. This is where my conclusion of reality and imaginations solidifies.

You see, Jin here is blocking the traffic. The traffic is depressing, harsh reality. As a gaurdian angel, he stops it for a moment or two, so that the boys, for whom reality has completely stopped and become ruthless too, can enjoy some moments. Unfortunately, it catches up again, so they begin to run again, with jin taking them into the car again.

Now, for the last two scenes- Hobi and Jimin.

They are both in a mental institute, or maybe a hospital.

They're together for one scene there, and then Hobi falls back to his pillow, where he lays in Jimin's arms in his imagination.

Jimin meanwhile, burns the photograph in the end, which only has SIX MEMBERS. It's because he's done with hsi imagination, and he's burning away all remnants of it. It may be a symbol they've all met, which again makes my theory of them being imaginary friends a bit weak.

Lastly, you see them pillow fighting always?

Because they're in each others heads, and they're sleeping away to dream each other up. They're all the dreams that you see on your pillow, and banish the minute you wake up.

IM SO FUCKING DONE THO. THIS IS MY VERY FIRST THEORY, PLEASE HAVE MERCY. THIS IS NOT 100% ACCURATE.

OR MAYBE BTS IS JUST MINDFUCKING WITH US AND IS RUNNING AWAY CAUSE THEY'VE DONE SHIT AND BANG PDNIM IS HOT ON THEIR ASSES.

BYE BYE