Chapter 16

n// I'm going out of town for a bit, so I thought I'd leave you guys with an update or two before I go!! Enjoy :)

Thora ran through the mall, leaving Matt and Caroline to try and catch her.

"T!" He laughed, running after the excited girl. "T, wait up!"

Thora and Matt had begun to grow closer and closer with each day that passed, teaching her new things about the world she now lived in each day. And after a few weeks of her staying at his house and borrowing the clothes of Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, and whoever else was willing, she grew tired of wearing clothes that didn't fit properly and made her uncomfortable. So, Matt decided that one outing to the mall just outside of Mystic wouldn't kill anyone. But what he and Caroline didn't expect was for Thora to get so excited by her surroundings. She had a hard time with cars and escalators, but when the pair got her past that, she went insane.

"Matthew, Caroline!" She cheered, standing in the middle of a sea of people. "Matthew, Caroline, look at all of this! Isn't it amazing?!"

The blondes noticed the stares from all the people surrounding them, silently asking what was going on.

"She's foreign," Matt said with a smile. "Didn't have much around where she was from."

The strangers nodded in understanding and commented on how they found it adorable how excited she was. Matt thanked them quickly and then finally caught up with Thora and Caroline.

"God, T," Caroline laughed. "If you're acting like this at the sight of everything in the actual mall, I can't even imagine what you're going to be like when we go into the stores."

Thora's eyes lit up at the sound of it, and she grabbed the teens' wrists and dragged them into the first store she had laid eyes on. Forever 21.

"Matthew!" She gasped, rushing over to a rack of maroon dresses while Caroline practically dove at the shoes. "They're beautiful!"

"That they are, T," He chuckled as she looked at them in awe. "Why do you insist on calling me Matthew?"

"Why do you insist on calling me T?" She quipped back, picking up a dress and holding it up to her body.

"Touché." Matt chuckled. "Come on, let's find some more dresses to try on."

And that they did. Thora, Caroline, and Matt looked over and had her try on almost every dress in the store, mainly because Thora still hated the idea of pants and shorts for some reason. She claimed that she didn't feel like herself in them, so she stuck with wearing dresses. And to say she rocked them was an understatement. She wore each dress like it was made specifically for her, and fell in love with each one. Then Caroline showed her the wonders of accessorizing.

"How can such jewels be worn so casually?!" Thora gasped as Caroline held up a few necklaces and rings.

"They aren't real jewels, T." Caroline laughed. "They're replicas."

"Replicas or not, they're breathtaking."

After almost twenty minutes of just gawking over the jewelry, Caroline managed to drag Thora away from the table and get her to try on shoes.

"I loathe how these feel, but I simply adore how they look." Thora pouted, trying on heels for the first time. She looked over her shoulder and spotted a pair of black flats with a little black bow on top. "I like these!"

Practically throwing the heels off of her poor feet, she slipped into the flats and sighed in immediate relief.

"Told you, Care," Matt smirked. "I knew she would hate heels."