Chapter(9)

(Note At The End)

Cassey

"Case,your dad's here."Darrel whispers,his body halfway through the door.

"Let him in."He nods,and shuts the door,without speaking.Looking at my messy desk,I realize how unorganized I am.

Maybe I should get a maid to help around here,it'd make Kariah happier.Or maybe a wife..Yeah,I'll get myself housewife.She'll cook,clean,and she can hopefully be an influence on that stubborn daughter of mine..

Pleased with my idea,I gather all my papers into a messy pile.I shut down my computer,just as my dad walks in the door.He walks over to my desk,and takes a seat.

"Son."

I nod."Dad."I reach into the drawer and pull out the wooden box,that contains my cigars. "Want one?"

He shakes his head."Not what I came here for." That's different.. He never declines a cigar.There must be something wrong with him.Maybe he's sick.Please don't be sick.

"Then what did you come here for?"I question, taking a cigar from the box,and lighting it.I carefully watch him,trying to read his body language.He sits as he usually does.

Back parallel to the seat,his right leg crossed over his left,and his hands intertwined on his crossed legs.The way you sit supposedly gives off an impression on what type of person you are.Or,that's what he told me.

I've never really listened to anything he told me.He's known for being a liar,so I was sure that everything coming from his lips,was a lie.Of course,me not listening was the cause of me being in this,business.However,I don't regret anything,I'm content with my life.

I mean,other than the occasional death threat,shoot out,or drive by,I'm safe.More importantly,Kariah is safe.

"Casseyll,look."I raise an eyebrow,urging him to go on.He inhales deeply,and lets out a loud,shaky breath."It's your mom.."

"What about her?"I quickly put out the cigar,and let it sit in the ashtray.When it comes to my mom,nothing else matters.

"She's uhm...well you see she-we,uh.Your mom.."

"Spit it out damnit!"I yell.

"Your mom has cancer."

Kariah

"Peaches."I call,holding the blanket closer to my body.

"Yes hun?"She walks back in with a tub of chocolate ice cream,and two spoons.She plops down on her bed,next to me,and crosses ber legs.

"Why don't I think before I speak?"I blurt out,taking the spoon from her. "I mean,I don't get why it's so hard for me."

"Baby doll,I couldn't tell you.I mean,you say your dad does the same thing,so you most likely got it from him."She shrugs,turning her attention to the scary movie playing.

But I didn't get it from him!He's not my real dad,he's a step-in.I mean,I don't remember my father explicitly,I just remember that he acts just like Cassey.And he's a dark skin man,who's really tall,and muscular.That was,until,he died.

I can't really say I miss them,because,like I said before, I don't remember them explicitly.You can't really miss someone you don't know.You get me?  I just..I just want..I don't know what I want! Everything is just so confusing right now.