Chapter 11 - Kevin's fate

• Dedicated to All you people who comment and vote ;)

Sorry it took awhile I've been busy my friend had a boyfriend problem and I got dragged to the beach yesterday all day. I'm kind of tired so I'm sorry about any mistakes

~~~

I twisted the door knob, praying silently it wouldn’t squeak. It didn’t, so I poked my head out the door and scanned for Trish’s wolf. She was in front of Kev blocking him from view.

I stepped out fully, she didn’t see me. She was crying, there were two long marks on either side of her muzzle starting by her eyes. I decided not to startle her too much so I shut the door lightly, that way she could hear and acknowledge me before I tried approach. She lifted her head and stared at me tensing her muscles.

“How’s he doing?” I asked. She whimpered quietly.

“Can I check his pulse?” She just stood clearly thinking it over. It was strange I was half expecting her to attack me because all the weres made it sound like she’d just go and attack me, maybe it’s her mermaid side.

She gave the smallest bob of her head and I slowly came forwards and knelt down next to them placing my index finger and middle finger on his throat, but I couldn’t feel over the fur so instead I placed my hand over his heart hoping it would stand out more. I could feel it, he was barely hanging on.

I stepped back about to give them their space, when it began raining cats and dogs. Trish and I looked at each other, our eyes widened. We both managed to move away from Kevin in time when we both began giggling crazily then fell to the floor on either side of Kevin.

“I love that feeling.” I muttered.

Trish sat up with her arms behind her.

“Me too. Apparently every time I changed Kevin could feel it and started having a laughing fit too.” She sighed as tears began falling down her face. I reached over and put my hand on her arm she began stroking Kevin’s fur. Trish had a green tail that shinned in the sunrise with a matching scaly top and fins.

I asked her to tell me about Kevin. She told me how they’d met playing spin the bottle and she made him swear to keep the mating a secret then they dated for awhile. Then they got in a fight about them being mates and her not telling anyone; all because she didn’t want him to be freaked about the mermaid thing.

“And now he’ll never know why and he’ll never know how much I love him...” she trailed off while tears poured down her cheeks and she looked up at the sky. I grabbed her hand to make her look at me. She tore her eyes away from Kevin and looked me in the eyes.

“Trish come on he’s still breathing and his hearts still beating it’s not over until it’s over and even then do you think he’d want you to be like this? Tell me about at least one happy memory you guys had.” She sat lost in thought for a bit when she began smiling.

“When we found out we were mates he assumed we were dating but I told him we weren’t and if he wanted to he’d have to ask. I didn’t see him for the rest of the week I figured he was sulking. But then on Saturday night at around midnight he threw rocks at my window. So I got up all grumpy about to throw something out the window when I saw Kev there with a CD player and it started playing ‘I’ll be your man’ and he sang along. When it finished he asked me out. So I let him inside and we fell asleep hugging and woke up with Gary telling us off for being irresponsible which then led to the sex talk.”