Chapter 20: The Awaited Project

~Kean~

I and Grace were given a project for the company. We're on our way to the vacant lot where we will build our thirteen condominium. I'm driving the car, and Grace was seated next to me. She was eating her cheese-flavored snack. Man, she's a total...

"Why won't you stop the car to the nearest restaurant? I notice, you're hungry." Grace opened a can of rootbeer, and gave it to me.

I did what she had told me. I stopped the car to a restaurant. "Are you satisfied now, Ms. Assistant?" I scoffed, so that she would realize I follow some of her requests.

~

After the meal we had at the restaurant, we hurried off to our destintion. We finally made it to the lot. "Woah! This is the lot we're using," Grace gushed.

"Kean? Long time no see, since you've left America," Luke greeted, and shook hands with me. I must've not shook hands. You all know how much I hate him for offering a dance to Grace. I ain't jealous.

Grace's eyes seemed to be twinkling after she saw Luke. "Ah! Is that you, the one who I danced with at the party?"

Let us just skip. So, we talked about the condominium. It took 5 hours until night. Unfortunately, it stormed that night, and we're nowhere to stay. But, great someone let us stay on their house.

~

"Sorry, if it's too small for you to stay here for one night," an old woman said sadly.

"We both appreciate it. You let us stay here," Grace said as she held the old woman's hands.

~

"Grace, I just want to tell you something. Uhm?" I shyly said.

"Sorry, Kean. But, you can tell it tomorrow. I am so sleepy, it's obvious. Good night!" She said as she walked away.

"Good night."