Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen_

His hands snaked around my waist and I leaned into him, kissing him softly.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I had to find you. I need to ask you something." He said pressing our foreheads together so that I could feel his hot breath on my cheeks.

"Wait." I said and wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed him into a hug with my head resting on the crook of his neck.

Finn hugged me back and we swayed back and forth. I had no idea how I had ended up with him and how we were together. I knew that school would be starting soon and I needed to figure out what to do with my life. But I really just wanted to feel this moment.

I loved the fact that Finn and I didn't need to kiss every five seconds but he was content with just holding me. I smiled and pulled my hands from around his neck and rested them on his chest.

He was so solid and I could hear his heart beat faster and faster with my touch. It made me chuckle.

"So what did you need to ask me?" I said flipping my hair and smiling at him.

Finn rolled his eyes and got down on one knee.

OH MY GOSH NO NO NO WE DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER ENOUGH THIS IS NOT GOOD HE CANNOT ASK ME TO MARRY HIM IM TOO YOUNG!!!

I squirmed out of the hold he had on my wrists and held my hands up in the air.

"Sorry mate but no no no I'm not ready for this! I can't do this now, and I mean don't you think we are a little young?!!" I blabbered on and on and tried to tell him the cons of getting married.

"JESSICA!!!!" I froze and stared at him blankly.

"I've been calling your name for the last 5 minutes."

He pulled me close to him and chuckled, "I wasn't gonna ask you to marry me, love. I just wanted to ask for your forgiveness."

I mentally face palmed myself. What's wrong with me? I'm pretty sure I need professional help...

I blushed and stammered, "ttt-that's iii-it?"

"Yes Jess!" He said and started cracking up.

I punched his arm and scowled, starting to walk back to the car.

"Jess!!! What are you doing?!" Finn said still laughing hard.

"You are a poo!"

"A... Poo?"

"Yes."

Finn just howled and I rolled my eyes this time and I walked, him following close behind.

He reaches to grab my hand and I almost pulled away but instead I smiled, entwining his fingers with mine and distracting him from me searching his pockets for the keys.

I found them in his right coat pocket, and slowly peeled them away from him. I saw the car about 100 meters away and I took my chance.

I pried our fingers apart and took off running with the keys in hand and laughed, "So long sucker!!"

Once Finn realized what I was doing he started to run after me.

I could feel him gaining on me and I panicked and ran faster, unlocking the car and jumped inside. I locked the car and Finn smashed into the window and I laughed.

"Let me in!! It's cold!" He said pounding on the glass and I pretended I couldn't hear him and turned the car on and the heat up.

He glared at me and then he started to walk away and I watched him nervously, trying to figure out what he was gonna do.

It got quiet and I realized he must have jut walked home and I laughed and pulled my phone out checking my messages.

Suddenly I heard a crash and felt something on the roof of the car. His foot hit me in the head and then his waist, which was dangling halfway out of the car.

"Finn!!!! Oh my gosh what are you doing?!" He slid into the passengers seat and smirked at me, fixing his wind blown hair and rubbing his hands together.

"You seriously just climbed in through the over-window?"

"Yes, yes I did." He said smiling.

I laughed out loud and turned the heater on and kissed his little red nose.

"I love you baby."

My heart stopped in my chest and I looked at him with my hands still on his cheeks.

He smiled shyly, and licked his lips.

I sighed and leaned towards him, just an inch from his lips before whispering, "I love you too."