Chapter 8

I felt uncomfortable. Oaky led me down the corridor and stopped at the end of it. "I suppose you saw my groceries prank?" She asks, not even smiling. I nod and laugh, to keep a happy mood. "Yeah well, what was really in your box was a manual. Do you know what this manual was for?" She asks. Forget keeping a happy spirit. I shake my head. She pulls out a paper booklet from her pocket (she folded it) and she showed it to me.

Manual to Fire Powers

Crap. She knew. "Mickey, just-" I begin, but Mikayla shakes her head, putting the manual away. But she didn't look angry. She looked scared and sad. "I'm sorry, Tim" she says. She sighs and gasps. She looked like she was on the verge of tears. She then breaks down, crying. I was panicking. "What? Mickey?" I ask, resting my hands on her shoulders. "Tim, you have fire powers! You can use fire and water damages your skin!" She says. I sigh. Yep. There it was. My secret. "Yeah, I'm sorry. Nothing we can do" I say. Mikayla nods. "But...according to the manual...people can only live until 17 with fire powers!" She chokes. I inhale. My birthday was in a few months. Mikayla tries to stop crying. "But...I need to show you something" she says. I don't say anything. She extends her arm, palm facing upwards. Then, out of her hand, ice grew. It was extraordinary. She was like Elsa from frozen. Ice powers. "Wait...you-?" I stop. Mikayla nods. "I had a manual as well. Mine said I have until I am 34m but Tim...you have no more than half a year to live"