chapter 28

okay i know i havent really uploaded in a while so sorry about that. this might not be to long of a chapter i'll try to make it one but i already have it planned out so i dont know.

i walk out of the school to have lunch. i walk towards the picnic table to see Liz sitting there fidgeting. i walk over to her and sat across from her.

"what's up?" i asked her.

"what? oh nothing." she said. she started glancing around.

"uh huh. so who are you looking for?" i asked.

"no one. Nathan." she said.

"okay, so why are you nervous?" i asked.

she sighed. "he came up to me saying that he's going to ask someone to prom today."

i smiled. "and your hoping it will be you?" i asked.

she whipped her head around to me. "huh? no, no of course not. just wanting to know who he asked." she looked to her left but then quickly looked back at me.

i looked over and saw Nathan coming to the table. i grinned an idea forming in my head.

"hey." Nathan said sitting down.

"hey." me and Liz said together.

"so..." Liz said.

"oh, yeah. i asked someone to prom." he said.

"who?" Liz asked.

"Cathy. you know her right?" he asked.

she looked back down. "yeah." she mumbled.

"but she didn't answer." he shrugged.

"you know, Nathan. Liz doesn't have an date." i pointed out to him.

"really? well i didnt really think you would want to go." he said to her.

she glared at me but answered him, "well i thought i would since its our last year and all."

"cool." he said grinning at her. which she couldn't help smiling back at.

"you know, you two could just go together." i said, receiving another glare from Liz.

"yeah we should. i mean the year is almost over, why shouldnt we?" he asked her.

"okay, yeah." she said smiling.

"okay. see two friends can go to the prom together." he said putting an arm around her.

the smile slid off her face. "yeah, friends." she said.

i mouth sorry to her but she just shrugged.

"so are you and Landon going?" Nathan asked me.

"not that i know of. he hasn't asked or anything."

"i'm sure hes going to." Liz said assuring me.

i shrugged. "it's fine."

***

i walk into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water then sat down at the island. i pulled out my homework and got settled. Landon's out with his dad but for the past couple days i could see how Landon didn't like it. he would take longer getting ready or he would make up an excuse to met his dad their. he would call me i could just tell he is in a bad mood. i looked over at the clock and saw that he would be home in two hours. i got back to my homework.

'Aubrey' i heard Lanond say.

he's home soon. i looked behind me but he wasn't there. i looked all around me but he wasn't there. i stood up and looked outside but no, he isn't there either.

"Landon?" i called out.

'yes'

i whipped around but i didn't see him. "what the hell..." i whispered to myself.

then i heard him chuckle. 'im not in the house, Aubrey.' he said.

"then how..." i trailed off not even knowing who i am talking to.

'your talking to me. i'm just not in the house. i cant believe you don't know this.' he said, with a smile in his voice.

"would you like to explain it then." i said.

'well one, you don't have to say anything out loud. two, it's a mate thing. once you have done the mating process you can talk to each other through thoughts.'

really? that means he can read my thoughts, i realized.

'yes i can but i can also help you block the thoughts you don't want me to hear.' he told me.

'can you hear me?' i asked in my head and prayed he could because if he couldn't then i probably need to go to the hospital.

he laughed again. 'yes i can hear you. just like i told you, we can talk to each other through thoughts.'

'just checking.'

***

when i was done with my homework i went over to my moms to check up on her. i honestly dont know if i will move in with her. i mean she's doing fine now yeah but just one relapse is going to make her go back to her old ways, all it takes is one time.

when i got home that night, i found Mr and Mrs. Carter at the table wtih Landon.

i walked over to them. "what's going on?" i asked.

"have a seat, Aubrey." Jane said.

i slowly lowered myself in a chair.

"Aubrey" Mr. Cater said. "we have a important question for you."

"okay." i said. glancing at Landon. he smiled over at me.

Jane cleared her throat and i looked back at her. "how would you like it if we got custody of you?"

comment, vote and fan!!!!!!!!! :D tell me what you think!