Chapter 4: Genius Kid, Ichijouji Ken

Miyako was reading out the profile of Ichijouji Ken. "He had 45 goals in the last tournament which led his team to victory."

"Seems like calling him a genius is not an exaggeration." Iori added.

"He'll be a great opponent! Too bad we didn't get to face off last year." Daisuke lamented by the loss of his team last year. They were so close to the Final.

"You would have, if you made it to the Final." Takeru realized. He was a transfer student but he was not ignorant.

"Don't remind me!" Daisuke knew obviously. "It's not about winning or losing. Right now, all the boys playing soccer in this country wants to be like him. Just thinking of playing him is making me all excited." Instead of focusing on Ichijouji, his thought shifted to the Senior with the huge hair he met few days ago.

"Does he play soccer?"

"Hey, Dai-chan!" His line of thought was interrupted by Miyako who wanted Ichijouji's autograph. She took his hands on hers and asked him nicely.

"I thought you said you didn't like younger boys?" Iori questioned suspiciously.

"What's 1 year? My mother is 3 years older than my father." Miyako retorted with an annoyed look.

"Why don't you get it yourself? Daisuke asked frowning.

"You got a point." Miyako realized Daisuke was right.

"Then, we all will go and support you." Hikari suggested.

"Really?" Daisuke glanced around gratefully. This would be the first time he had friends coming over to watch him play.

He was determined to show the genius kid what he was capable of. If possible, he would like to show Nagaoka's Takenouchi-senpai if he would be coming.

Chibimon on the other hand was looking forward to meet Ichijouji Ken, to see how he had been doing since the last time they met in the Digital World. Why was he not part of the group of the Chosen Children? He would like to know.

"If they could retain their memories after their mission three years ago, Ken would be able to, right?"

"Obviously not." Daisuke felt a little disappointed when he arrived at the field. "Kyoto is too far away." If they were coming, their coach would have reserved special area for them.

At the audience area, Daisuke saw Hikari and the rest who came and support him when Daisuke's team was warming up.

"Yamato-sempai too?" Daisuke's jaw dropped. Yamato did not play soccer, right?

"What makes you want to come?" Takeru asked his brother who was sitting behind him.

"I don't have band practice today. No harm taking a look at the next Captain of Odaiba Elementary team. Did I mention I was about to join Soccer Club a few years back?"

"And Koushirou-san wouldn't let you."

"Yeah. I'm glad that he did that and I started playing with my guitar again."

The bus of Tamachi Boys F.C. had arrived but Ichijouji Ken was nowhere in sight. Daisuke ran to the opponent to find out.

"He's supposed to know there is a game today but I don't know if he will come. Unlike us, he's very busy."

"Why?" Daisuke really wanted to play him. He was disappointed.

"Daisuke!" Yamato called out.

"Even if Ichijouji is not here, they are still the champion, don't let your guard down." Yamato advised. According to Sora, playing soccer was similar to fighting battles in Digital World. He would be sure to pass the knowledge to Daisuke.