Chapter 12: The First Jogress Evolution

"It's done, it's done! We worked hard and we had done it." Daisuke commented feeling satisfied with their work. He returned to his usual self.

"Let's go on to the next one!" Miyako suggested.

"Yeah!"

They spotted a Digimon walking towards the bridge they had repaired after walking a certain distance.

"Daisuke!" V-mon called. Daisuke nodded.

"Digimental Up!" V-mon armour evolved into Lighdramon and led an assault on that Digimon. Miyako was really pissed that that Digimon was destroying their hard work. Hawkmon evolved to Aquilamon to try move the Digimon out of the area only to break the bridge. Miyako facepalmed. Because of that, the Digimon was discovered to be created from a Dark Tower. Pegasmon, Nefertimon and Lighdramon worked together and destroyed the Digimon.

Daisuke sank to his knee feeling demoralized as the bridge was damaged. All his hard work had gone down the drain.

"We'll just have to fix it again."

If we worked together, it'll be fine. We can fix it." Takeru and Hikari try to cheer him up.

"That's right. Iori and I are still up for the challenge." Miyako said.

"If we worked together huh?" Daisuke repeated their words. That was right. He would take their words to try and convince his team to accept Ken into their team.

"I'm sure he'll help us if we ask." Daisuke assured them.

"Well... I'm not sure about that." Iori was not ready to accept him. He could not think like Daisuke.

"Back then I heard it. That time, when Ichijoiji Ken's Crest of Kindness turned into the Digimental for the first time. I didn't understand what it was saying but it seemed to be asking for something. I don know how to put it in words." Daisuke looked up to the sky. "How do I say it? I just felt that I could trust that Crest. I'm not sure but, I think that Crest was Ichijouji's heart itself."

"In other words, Daisuke understood Ichijouji-kun's heart?" Hikari asked.

"Well, when you put it that way." Daisuke replied.

"You may be able to understand but I still don't get it." Takeru looked down.

"Hey, can we speak in simpler terms? Whether it's crest or heart, can we not make things so complicated?" Miyako asked.

Izumi Koushirou was gulping down his water in disappointment. He could not believe that he had lost the National Code Breaking Competition. He was so close into winning a new Pineapple Laptop. Someone with the nickname of T.T. did it before him. Coincidentally the code encoded was related to an area of Digital World, "File Mountain". As it was, he was good but there were always someone who was just better. He ruffled his head. How he wished he could show Miyako the laptop they had wanted to get.

Suddenly, some kind of reaction appeared in an area on the computer catching Koushirou's attention. He contacted Iori and the rest immediately asking them to check it out.

"The dark power is growing." Iori realized.

"Let's check it out. Daisuke suggested.

Meanwhile, Ken and Stingmon finished their work for the day. On their way home, Ken confided to Wormmon that he wished that there was more he could do.

"I can evolve as long as Ken-chan is here. Don't worry about it." Wormmon assured him.

"Let's go home and eat lots of snacks!" Ken suggested. They did not notice that Agumon had been tailing them behind their back.