Chapter 9: The Golden Digimentals

Wallace was deep in thought. He was reminiscing his childhood. He had a pair of twin Digimon as Partners and it was well-known among the Chosen Children even though he tried to keep a low profile.

He missed Chocomon who disappeared from the Flower Field one day. Chocomon had been following him to New York. His attack had been more frequent these days to the extent that he decided to face him after hearing what happened to a Japanese Chosen Child Ichijouji Ken. He had been watching Ichijouji Ken even though he was not under his supervision as he felt that they were somewhat similar. Except that their roles were reversed. Chocomon was corrupted instead of he, himself.

They finally caught up with the pick-up Miyako and Iori were riding on.

Daisuke was anxious as no one had heard from Hikari and Takeru since the last e-mail. At the same time, Daisuke was concerned about Wallace.

"Don't you have to call your mom?" He asked awkwardly trying to start a conversation.

"I couldn't find a phone." Wallace merely answered.

At night, the group set up a camp. Terriermon was worn out after a long journey. Wallace headed up to the woods alone after watching Terriermon fell asleep. He was caught by Daisuke who had been waiting for him. Daisuke suspected that he would go out to the Flower Field to face Chocomon alone.

As dense as Daisuke was, even though no one told him about it, he had come to a conclusion that Chocomon was Wallace's partner Digimon. Wallace did not deny it.

"Chocomon came from the same digiegg as Gumimon who is now Terriermon." Wallace said. "As you may heard before from Izumi, they are twin Digimon. I was shocked to see two Digimon instead of one."

One day, Chocomon had disappeared when he was playing in the Flower Field with Chocomon and Gumimon.

"That was about the same time, Hikari-chan and the others first saw Digimon at Hikarigaoka." Daisuke commented.

"I'm ashamed to say that even though I have assisted many Chosen Children in their battles throughout the years by giving them information, I still don't know what happened to Chocomon." Wallace admitted. Even though he had never stepped into Digital World, he was still a Veteran. He stayed a Chosen Child far longer than any of them.

"Right now, I just want to help him." Daisuke realized that they were fighting one of his Digimon. It was the same case with Agumon when he was captured by Digimon Kaiser. It could be worse for Wallace. Wallace was forced to face his Digimon in battle.

Daisuke walked to a tree and knock his head on the tree trunk in disgrace. Each of them had their own problem. He was already considered quite lucky. He would not have known what to do if it happened to V-mon. Tears streamed down Daisuke's face.

"I'll never be able to destroy him." Daisuke cried. He had been through battles but he never understood what the seniors had been through. He was sure they had been through more. Pain of losses perhaps. They were able to face the risk of having to destroy Agumon despite the bonds they had. They were lucky that they need not have to destroy Agumon.

"Daisuke..."

"So in order to save Yamato-san and the others, we may have to destroy your Chocomon." Daisuke did not know if he had the will to do this again. Death of Wormmon flashed through his mind. It was just too hard.

"What should I do?" Daisuke broke down before Wallace.

"It's not your problem." Wallace came over to comfort him. He picked up the goggles he dropped from knocking his head. He saw the goggles and confirmed about something which he could not interfere directly from his position. Looking at the goggles though, gave him some hope. How were the chances like if they could meet a "disqualified" from their own batch they had lost contact with?