Chapter 8

I awoke to the view of my familiar ceiling. Memories from last night flashed through my head and my cheeks flush in embarrassment.

I vaguely remember what happened after Jack came to my rescue, but I am grateful he did. How did I get home though?

Groaning from being hungover, I roll out of bed and check my phone.

32 texts and 1 missed call and voicemail from my parents saying they miss me and they'll be home soon.

I pad into the bathroom and turn on the shower, stripping out of my pajamas and taking my knotted hair out of its pony tail.

How did I get into pajamas?

The warm water seems to cleanse me entirely, my behavior of last night going down the drain. I've always loved hot showers, when my mind is roaming freely and for a moment in time everything is simple.

Reluctantly, though, I turn off the water and wrap myself in my towel. I brush my teeth, apply light makeup and get dressed.

I decide on wearing ripped blue jeans and a red and blue flannel with my white high top converse.

My brown hair is tossed into a messy bun and I decide I'll go grocery shopping and maybe to the mall.

Grabbing my phone and keys, I walk out the door, locking it, and hop into my truck.
---------------
(At the mall)

"Jess??" I hear someone say.

I turn around, spotting the Charlotte Russe sign and silently remind myself to go in there.

"Sam.." I give a nervous smile back.

"Babe! You never answered my texts last night. You look gorgeous by the way." He approaches with at first a smirk but then his usual, charming smile.

"I honestly don't remember last night very well" I laugh, as we walk through the mall together.

"Oh, well it was fun." He laughs along.

"Yeah from what I do remember, it was." I reply.

"What are you doing later?" He asks, I notice him look at me from the corner of my eye.

"Um nothing I don't think, why"

"Good! A bunch of us are going to the movies tonight, come?" He gives me that smile of his.

"Yeah sure, sounds good" I say, and we say our goodbyes.