Day 1 - Your Favourite Song

Favourite Song: EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

About it: As I said, I am a swiftie and the video to this song made me cry five times in a row. She wrote this with Ed Sheeran and I think their voices harmonise perfectly though Ed could do with a bigger solo. This is a particularly happy song for me, it sounds uplifting so I chose this song out of about 300 others. I love the new album, btw. So creative! Mini Ed and min Taylor are so cute!

Trigger Words:

All I knew this morning when I woke

Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before

I just wanna know you better

All I know is we said hello

All I know is a simple name

You'll be mine and I'll be yours

Everything has changed

Come back and tell me why

I'm feeling like I've missed you all this time

And meet me there tonight

And let me know that it's not all in my mind

Story:

I sit by the windowsill, watching the birds fly by after the rain. Dewdrops glisten on evergreen leaves. It feels like the perfect spring morning. My eyes settle on the slip of lined paper on my desk, so carelessly placed on my laptop. Numbers scrawled hastily with grains of sand lingering at the edges. A smile forms on my lips as I think about yesterday. I stand up on my shaky legs and pick up the little slip of paper, punching the digits into my phone.

18 hours earlier:

I look out at the sea rolling its waves around calmly and embracing the children who play there. Digging holes, building sandcastles and moats. My toes are buried in a thick case of wet sand as my little sister, Georgia, dumps more onto my feet with her purple spade. I love the beaches in Australia. So carefree, so peaceful--except when some random kid is crazily chucking sand in my face.

My mother comes back with three brown paper bags, the smell of food and pastries wafting from them. My mouth waters instantly and I eye the bags greedily. In her hands are two cups of coffee, God bless the godly drink of caffeine. I snatch the bag she hands to me quickly and she looks at me with distaste. Prepare for another lecture about being ladylike now, Bella. I give her an 'I'm sorry but I'm hungry' look and surprisingly, she lets me off. I gulp down my coffee in less than ten seconds, scalding my throat but I don't care. It's so cold for a day in September but Georgia begged and begged for mum to take us today and make her promise not to back out. I hate her for doing so. My soft, thin, black tights and cotton jumper are not going to survive long in this wind. I slump down onto my beach towel, flicking sand at Georgia and creating a fissure in her sand mound with my feet in the process, inhaling my chicken and mushroom pie, leaving not a single crumb. Mother's impressed with how I eat. Quickly yet ladylike, she always says.

My eyes flit around for something interesting to land on, and finally they find comfort on the sea again, this time focusing on the group of surfers wobbling about on their boards, occasionally slipping and wiping out. I laugh at one who falls headfirst into the salt, even though I can't surf myself. I've tried but believe me, it never works. I've ended up in the water about five times more than them. One of the guys signals at the others to head back onto land and one by one, they paddle towards the sand, leaving me disappointed with nothing left to entertain myself with.