Chapter Sixteen - What a Beautiful Name

I awoke to nearly nothing on and Joseph and I entangled together, face to face. I remember candles being lit and honesty being spoken of with only the purest of touch the night prior.

“Good morning.” I smiled and kissed him.

“Well, good morning to you, too.” he tiredly spoke.  A small kick got my attention and I sat up quickly, taking Joseph’s hands and sticking them exactly where our baby was moving. It was such an unreal feeling. There is another human inside of me moving and breathing and eating.

“Are you guys coming down for breakfast?” Elizabeth knocked and slightly opened the door.

“We’ll be right down.” Joseph replied. Elizabeth opened the door to see me in only a bra and Joseph kissing my stomach.

“This warms my heart. Young love.” She said before walking out and closing the door so we could get dressed.

“Good morning, Allyson. Good morning, Joseph.” Rachel said while getting our plates together. She looked up and flashed us a nice, warm smile.

“Goodness, look at you, Allyson. How far along are you, again?” I had decided to wear a fitting t-shirt which made me look really big.

“I’m just about five months.” I said before praying for the meal. Ever since Elizabeth told me to start praying before every meal, I've never skipped it.

“So, uh…Rach… Mo…”

“You can call me whatever you feel comfortable with.” She answered like she read my mind.

“Okay. Well, mom, when am I going to meet my dad?” I asked kind of softly. I didn’t know if he had died or was even around when I was born or what.

“Well, I wish you could. I wish I could so I knew but I don’t.” She beat around the bush, making it very unclear of what had happened.

“Sweetie, I’m home from my trip! Whose car is outside?” A woman’s voice called from the front door. I stood up as Rachel quickly walked over to the woman. The woman grabbed Rachel as she made her way there and kissed her passionately.

“O-Oh, hello. I’m terribly sorry. My name’s Becca and you are?” She extended her hand out toward us and we all introduced ourselves. I introduced myself last.

“Allyson, did you say? What a beautiful name.” She smirked.

“Well, uh, guess what, dear?” She looked at Becca, “This is… our daughter, Allyson.” Becca stared at me for a while, she was completely silent. I began to explain what had happened and how they explained it to Elizabeth but she seemed like she didn’t believe. She asked me questions about my birth date and past. It really was no use since I was literally taken as a baby, but I played along. She finally came to terms with it and hugged me and kissed me until she just couldn’t take it and cried.