1.

December 24, 5 years old

Aspen Emerson was wide awake, too excited to go to sleep. She was sat on her bed, waiting for Santa Claus and then something extraordinary happened. She was looking out her window, awaiting the flying reindeer pulling the magical sleigh and suddenly it began to snow. It was the first time she had ever seen snow with her own eyes, only ever seeing it in movies.  She hurried towards her window, climbing up onto the bay window. A figure appeared flying across her front yard, dressed in blue and white. She jumped up and down, giggling as the flying figure landed in front of her window. She waved and he smiled, waving back at her. He held his hand up and a snowflake materialized in his palm. She stared, wide eyed, in amazement. He laughed at her reaction and created a wall of snowflakes floating all around him. They began to spin and as they did, he disappeared and all that was left was the calm falling of the snow. She looked down at the window  and in the corner there were initials written in the frost of the window "J.F."

She looked back and no one was there anymore. She walked back to her bed and climbed up onto it, becoming more groggy by the second. She yawned and stretched, still thinking about the letters on the window and the boy who could fly.

12:00, December 25

This is the first chapter to a Jake Gardiner story I'm extremely excited to be writing. Hope you enjoyed, stay tuned for the next chapter. Much love, Ana.