Chapter 3

When I woke up, my whole body felt weird and I was extremely warm. I was in my small bedroom back home.

Everything was hazy but my bedroom window was open and I looked at my phone seeing I had five missed calls from Miley. I quickly called her back realizing it was 5:45 am aka when Miley woke up for school.

"Hey OMG I was so worried when Joe said you had gotten hurt. I was freaking out wait are you okay-" She said as I started to interrupt my hysterical best friend.

"Milez I am perfectly fine. I mean I have this fucking killer headache and I was brought home by Joe apparently last night and made safely without remembering," I said.

"Okay well hurry up get dressed I am outside your house. My birthday present finally is out of the autoshop and we can go out for breakfast."

She quickly hung up and threw a rock at my window. I got dressed real fast and ran outside ignoring my parents screams at me.

I saw Miley leaning on her car from the early 2000s. She nodded for me to get in and I ran to the passengers door and we took off to the diner right down the road from my fucking old house. Miley and I walked in to see Paula. She was the main waitress that served me when I would run off in the mornings sometimes when my parents had no food in the house.

"Hello Demi and Miley table for 2?" She asked as she lead us to my regular table. She knew the answer but she had to ask.

Miley and I looked at the menu pretending like we didn't already know what we were going to have.

"One big breakfast to split with two coffees and two Ojs thanks," Miley said handing our menus to Paula.

Paula took off leaving Miley and I there to talk as we waited for the beverages to arrive.

"So," Miley said, "what the hell happened last night?"

"I don't remember I keep telling you that."

Truth is, I remembered the pain in my body from Joe's bite. I didn't know what he was but I knew he wasn't human and now neither was I. How was I supposed to tell my best friend that I some creature that I don't even know? I just knew that I had to keep going and talk to Joe when I got to school.

Before I could think anything else, Nick and Joe walked through the door of the diner. I looked over and the boys walked our way.

"Can we join you fine ladies," Nick said in a cute but dorky manner trying to be smooth.

"Sure," Miley said with a smile.

Miley moved aside for Nick to move the booth with her. Joe looked at me like I was supposed to do the same thing.

"Joe," I said fast. "Can we go talk for a second outside?"

"Sure," he shrugged and we walked outside.

As we got outside, I took a deep breath and I looked at him. He opened his mouth to speak before I could.

"Listen Demi, you are a werewolf. I know that doesn't sound like that can be a real thing but you were going to die if I didn't save you," he said and then looked down.

"I AM A WHAT."

"Shhhhhh," he covered my mouth.

"I don't want this getting out and you are part of my pack now so."

"No haha. I am lone wolf I guess because I had no choice in the subject."

"You won't last a week in this town as a lone wolf. You need me Demetria. Nick even asked me to change your friends Kendall, Ariana, and especially Miley."

"Don't even. They wouldn't want to be a-a-"

"Don't say Demi. I get it. I'm sorry for saving your life last night. Next time you are bleeding out, I will let you die."

Joe started to head for the door and I knew that I had to calm down. I mean he was only trying to save me and I mean I still liked him more than anybody in the world.

"Wait, I'm sorry Joe."

"Good, let's go get breakfast then you can ride with me to school."

"No I'm riding with Miley."

"No, Nick wants to ride with her alone. He asked me to take you."

Joe headed inside before I could even reply. I walked inside to see Miley and Nick laughing talking about things I didn't understand. Miley told that she was going to ride to school with Nick and that his car was broken down so needed a ride. No Miley, he wanted to ride with you because he was so into you.

We finished our breakfast and headed out. Joe lead me to his jeep and I jumped the passengers seat. He turned on the radio and Metalica was blasting on the radio. I def liked his choice in music.

As we pulled into the parking spot next to were Jesse and Nick usually parked, we saw Miley pull in the spot next to Jesse. Nick climbed out and put his arm around Miley. Where they an official thing now?

Miley waved her hand for me to come over to her.

"Nick asked me out."

"I knew he was going to," I responded to Miley with a slight chuckle.

"Hey," Nick said, "how did you know?"

"Joe told me you asked him to take me to school."

"But he-"

Nick then took off before finishing his speech.

I saw Ariana and Kendall run out with Harry and Luke holding their hands. Jesse walked out behind them.

"Well the whole group is finally here," Jesse said.

He looked at everybody and then looked at me.

"I also heard you are officially part of the group Demi," Jesse said with a wink and walked up to Joe and Nick fighting.

"Are you and Joe officially dating like the rest of us Demi," Kendall asked looking at me. 

"No I am still single. He is more like a mentor," I said and the guys laughed.

"What do you boys know that we don't," Miley said looking at Harry and Luke.

"Joe likes Demi," Harry said fast.

I could tell that he was trying to cover up that I was a werewolf like they were now. I mean Joe can't stand me.

"Well, let's head in," Joe said walking up.